The Maryknoll Office for Global Concerns (MOGC) represents the Maryknoll Sisters, Maryknoll Fathers & Brothers, Maryknoll Lay Missioners and works closely with the Mayknoll Affiliates. Our aim is to bring Maryknoll mission experience to public policy debates on Capitol Hill and at the United Nations, to educate about issues related to social justice, peace and integrity of creation and to advocate for social, environmental and economic justice. Our goal is to influence positive change in the areas of systemic poverty, human rights violations, conflict, and environmental destruction. Our offices are located in Washington, D.C., at Maryknoll, New York, and the Church Center at the UN in New York City.
- Develop and coordinate production of MOGC publications (bimonthly newsletter, weekly action alerts) and additional materials as needed.
- Maintain MOGC website.
- Manage email subscription lists/email advocacy campaigns.
- Manage social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter).
- Coordinate with other Maryknoll entities and external partners to promote MOGC work.
- Lead outreach efforts to engage current MOGC supporters and expand our network of followers.
- Act as strategic communications advisor to staff on statements, op-eds, letters to the editor.
- Act as MOGC representative in working groups with external partners, to be determined.
- Act at MOGC representative in collaborative efforts with other Maryknoll entities.
- Bachelors degree in communications, journalism, or related field.
- At least 2 years work experience in a comparable setting.
- Demonstrated interest and experience with international social justice and peace concerns.
- Excellent writing skills and professional editing experience.
- Familiarity with InDesign, Drupal, or similar programs and platforms.
- Comfort and skill with social media tools.
- Understanding of and respect for Catholic Social Teaching.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate about social justice issues from a faith perspective.
- Significant mission work, volunteer work, or international experience a plus.
- Familiarity with Maryknoll a strong plus.
- Spanish-language speaking and writing skills a strong plus.
Send resumé, cover letter, and relevant one-page English writing samples to Anna Engelmann, at [email protected] Please include “Communications Manager” in the subject line. Applications will be considered as they are received. The anticipated start date is as soon as possible.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org