One Acre Fund is looking for an exceptional individual, preferably based in New York or Philadelphia, to work alongside the Managing Director of our US/Europe team. One Acre Fund US/Europe serves as the resource engine for our field program – providing the talent, money, and opportunities that have enabled 30-40% per year growth in the farm families we’ve reached and impact we’ve generated for the past 3 years. This is a rare opportunity to work with an executive leader of one of the fastest-growing organizations in global development, and gain an inside view into what it takes to manage and govern a high-performing nonprofit.
One Acre Fund’s US Managing Director coordinates the six global support functions that operate out of the US, manages One Acre Fund’s global boards, manages a portfolio of critical donor and partner relationships, and represents One Acre Fund in a variety of external contexts. The Senior Analyst will report directly to the US Managing Director, providing research, strategy, and analytic support across this range of responsibilities. At least 50% of this person’s role will be supporting donor/partner relations with the US Managing Director.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of successfully managing a large and varied scope in a fast-paced environment (management consulting preferred), providing the highest-value strategic support to senior decision-makers. This person also possesses a deep understanding of, experience in, and passion for global development and social sector work. The candidate should be a strong relationship-builder and humble to a fault, ready to work across several departments and manage multiple complex projects under tight deadlines.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Business/partner development support: Assist the US Managing Director in managing top donor and partner relationships. Sample projects could include identifying top-tier prospects by working with our internal research team, assembling tailored presentations for high-value external meetings, executing key actions – such as coordinating with program leaders - following such meetings, and, over time, managing relationships with key partners directly. At least 50% of this person’s role will be business/partner development support.
- Governing Board support: Work with the US Managing Director to set meeting agendas, develop (and coordinate others to develop) materials for meetings, manage logistics, record meeting notes, and execute key actions. This is a unique opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced and respected leaders in the private and social sector, as board meetings disproportionately focus on strategy.
- Strategy: Provide thought-partnership, project management and in-depth research, writing, and analytical support on projects of the highest strategic importance to the US/Europe, and the growth and governance of the organization. Example include creating a global enterprise risk management framework for the organization, developing/managing a strategy to maximize the US/Europe office’s contribution to organization-wide diversity and inclusion initiatives, and planning a growth capital campaign with a high-priority donor network. The Senior Analyst will also be able to present research and insights in clear, concise written and oral briefings for senior leadership (extending beyond the US Managing Director), including the Executive Director.
- Steering Committee support: One Acre Fund US/Europe is governed by a leadership council of staff across our functional areas, while One Acre Fund’s global support functions are governed by a subset of relevant General Partners (our top ~20 leaders). The Senior Analyst will help prepare for steering committee meetings by setting the agenda and undertaking strategy projects of high importance; attend and record next steps; and execute on key deliverables that will drive productivity and collaboration across global support departments.
- Thought leadership: The Senior Analyst will prepare the US Managing Director for conference speeches, co-write blogs for leading publications such as the Stanford Social Innovation Review, and support white papers and other thought leadership activities.
- General support: Provide general support to the US Managing Director, including managing key donor/partner correspondence and meeting and interview logistics.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 2-5+ years of work experience and demonstrated experience in the social sector and international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- High-performing professional experience (e.g., management consulting or similar).
- Excellent undergraduate academic performance
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience in global development and the social sector.
- Strong research and analytic skills.
- Strong background in finance principles and financial models, such as project valuation.
- Impeccable organization skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communications, especially with executive audiences. Of particular value is an ability to summarize complex information clearly and concisely.
- Flexibility – someone who is able to juggle multiple projects and change priorities as new projects arise.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, putting in the work required to manage a material scope.
- Values fit. We put a high premium on values. We want someone who has a true service orientation and humility – someone that puts our farmers before themselves.
- Language: English required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org