The European Union team is looking for an exceptional candidate who will significantly and actively contribute to the development and growth of our portfolio of EU programmes. This post will be based in London with the potential for travel in Europe, Africa and Asia.
The Manager will support business development efforts in Europe through networking, positioning and guiding technical and geographical teams to develop bids that can generate growth in the European (primarily EU) market.
Managers perform a key role in Adam Smith Europe’s consulting model and play a central part in being responsible in business development, technical and financial proposal preparations and administrative management, in support of the wider work led by the EU team. Among other things, the role is likely to involve:
- Identifying new business opportunities and supporting us to win them. This will include maintaining awareness of forthcoming opportunities, developing our bidding strategies, building consultant teams and partnerships with other firms, designing our approach to projects, writing winning proposals and engaging with donors and governments on technical issues.
- Knowledge Management & Marketing: ensure that team’s programme successes are communicated to Adam Smith International and wider public. Increasing visibility of Adam Smith International within the EU market, contribution to external papers and conferences. Engaging with Clients, Stakeholders, other partners and improving their understanding of our brand.
- Programme Management: this will include managing our external consultants, to ensure that projects remain on track; solving problems in project delivery, making sure our clients are satisfied and our teams are operating effectively; managing budgets, ensuring that projects stays within resource envelopes and that our financial forecasting is accurate; and writing succinct and persuasive reports for our clients and stakeholders.
- Technical skills: providing technical support to programmes and reporting and taking ownership/ leading on preparation of EoIs and proposals.
- A postgraduate degree in economics, political science, international development, business management, or other relevant field from an internationally recognised university;
- Understanding of the institutional architecture of the European Union
- An understanding of our clients and the marketplace in the EU, including:
- Aid and foreign policy
- Political trends
- Awareness of procurement processes
- Compliance requirements
- Ability to build effective, credible client relationships and networks
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and a strong attention to detail;
- Excellent communication, inter-personal, and team-working skills;
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio;
- Outstanding written and spoken English. An additional language (French, Spanish) would be an asset; and
- You must be eligible to work in the UK and EU.
- Work experience in a blue chip consultancy, development, or a relevant field;
- Experience working on donor-funded projects; experience with EuropeAid is a plus;
- Demonstrated experience of using initiative, client-orientation, risk taking, and working in complex and time-pressured contexts.
What We Offer You
We offer you a dynamic and friendly team environment and the opportunity to work on a highly successful portfolio of programmes. We have a strong commitment to our people and strive to live by our values.
We’ve built a culture to reflect our values, full of likeminded professionals who are smart, passionate and great at what they do. We have a headquarters overlooking the Thames in a central London location.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org