Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in New York, which represents the interests of the government of the Republic of China (Taiwan) in the Tri-State Area and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, is accepting applications for the position of Foreign Editor in the Press Division.
- Drafting and editing Englishlanguage documents, including but not limited to speeches, press releases, editorials, talking points, and general correspondence;
- Providing assistance in elements of English grammar, speaking, and composition;
- Researching issues related to Taiwan and foreign policy;
- Assisting with factchecking, proofreading, and formatting tasks;
- Assisting with the activities of the office as needed.
- BA in English, Literature, Journalism, Asian Studies, International Relations, Political Science, or a related discipline;
- Strong interest in international relations, particularly with regards to East Asia;
- Exceptional English language ability and strong writing skills;
- Intermediate Mandarin language skills (listening and speaking, ability to read traditional Chinese characters a plus);
- Previous experience involving Taiwan and media strongly preferred;
- Skilled at using social media and other outreach tools a plus.
The deadline for application is April 26, 2019. Please submit a resume and cover letter, and a short writing sample to [email protected]. No phone calls, please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.