SJAC is seeking a Program Associate to provide programmatic and administrative support in the day-to-day administration of SJAC activities.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative, logistical, and communications support for SJAC
- Support the research and writing of SJAC human rights and transitional justice reports and short-form analysis
- Manage SJAC’s online presence, including updating the SJAC website, sending the weekly newsletter, and managing social media content
- Provide administrative support to SJAC’s online training platform, uploading content and tracking participation
- Assist with writing program reports
- Assist with monitoring and evaluation, analyzing results to inform project implementation.
- Support the drafting of financial reports to funding agencies, SJAC Board of directors, and others as needed.
- Draft and monitor consulting agreements, contracts, and subgrants.
- Support senior staff in researching and developing proposals and other tasks as deemed necessary for new business development.
- Provide logistics and operations support including purchasing items for SJAC and arranging travel accommodations for SJAC staff and Board members
- Other administrative and programmatic duties, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Middle East Studies, Political Science, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum one year of professional administrative experience (including internships) in an international organization or similar institution.
- Excellent organizational skills, including attention to detail, ability to prioritize and multi-task, and ability to work under and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team; must be a team player and demonstrate a sense of responsibility and sensitivity in dealing with diverse audiences.
- Experience working in or knowledge of the Middle East.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in a non-profit setting, working on programs that receive government grants preferred.
- Experience with principles of monitoring and evaluation preferred.
- Experience using Excel and familiarity with WordPress, Google Analytics and Google Forms.
- Advanced proficiency in Arabic preferred, but not required.
Send a resume, cover letter, and short writing sample. No phone calls.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org