ONE is a campaigning and advocacy organization of more than nine million people around the world taking action to end extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight AIDS and other preventable, treatable diseases in the poorest places on the planet. We empower small-holder farmers, expand access to energy, and combat corruption to ensure governments are accountable to their citizens. Co-founded by Bono, ONE is strictly nonpartisan funded by individual philanthropists and corporations.
ONE’s members are critical to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams work in Washington D.C., New York, London, Johannesburg, Brussels, Berlin, Paris, Ottawa and Abuja to educate and lobby governments to save and improve millions of lives.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Team Coordinator, Global Policy will provide high-level administrative support to the Executive Director, Global Policy, as well as providing project management support for the Policy Team. The primary responsibility of this role is to manage demanding schedules, coordinate multiple work streams, and provide logistical support. In addition, the Team Coordinator will oversee and manage the flow and exchange of information within the team and with other departments, oversee financial administrative tasks, and track progress on team-wide deliverables.
Our preference for this role is our London Office, however we are also open to candidates from Washington, DC.
To succeed, you must be truly passionate about this cause, with a passion for organisation and efficiency, a strong interest in international development, and someone that is able to support multiple high-level staff members across multiple time zones with ease. You must be solution focused, have strong interpersonal skills, and be passionate about supporting the broader mission of the organization.
This is a permanent position based in a ONE Office and will report to the Special Adviser to the Executive Director, Global Policy, and will support the Executive Director, Global Policy; the Senior Director, Global Policy and other team members as required.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL OVERSEE:
- Executive Support: Provides administrative support to the EDGP, including inbox management, calendar management, travel coordination, and task management.
- Project Coordination: Tracks workstreams and progress on departmental goals, including coordinating team deliverables, assigning leads for tasks including fact-checking requests, providing updates on various projects, identifying pressure points, coordinating input and review by appropriate team members, securing the EDGPs sign-off as needed, and ensuring successful completion of tasks by deadlines.
- Team Calendar Management: Liaises with supervisors and maintains a central workplan (for project deadlines, progress checkpoints, upcoming key moments, and other dates of interest), keeps the team and internal stakeholders updated (including submitting updates to the organization's global calendar and other reports),
- Team Support: Oversees onboarding for new team members, provides calendar, travel and event support to team members as needed, provides input on team training needs and opportunities, and ensures team compliance with organizational policies and requirements.
- Financial Administration: Oversees financial administration for the team, including submitting expense reports in a timely manner, overseeing purchase orders, tracking budgets for projects, reconciling credit card statements, overseeing vendor and consultant invoices, and other related tasks in a timely manner. Ensures the team complies with the organization's financial policies and liaises with the finance and operation departments as necessary.
- Records Management: Manages the Policy Team’s internal databases and file archiving, keeping them up to date and coordinating information requests.
- Meeting Support: Coordinate logistics for internal and external meetings, including liaising with speakers, notifying attendees, reserving conference rooms, setting up video-conference, drafting and distributing agendas, taking minutes, and coordinating schedules within and across teams.
- Other: Provide ad hoc support to the Policy team as delegated by the Executive Director, Global Policy, the Senior Policy Director or the Special Adviser to the EDGP.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- A passion for pursuing excellence in all you do, recognising the importance of your work to ONE’s mission in fighting extreme poverty.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- Two years of experience in project coordination/management or providing support to senior level management
- Excellent project management and organisational skills
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
- Superior ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Evidence of emotional intelligence and ability to operate within a dispersed multi-cultural team
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and ability to interact with high-profile individuals
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities, tight deadlines
- Ability and willingness to work sometimes long hours and occasional travel, as needed
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment and make good and responsible decisions
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org