ONE is a global campaigning and advocacy organization supported by millions of members from around the world who are committed to the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. We hold world leaders to account for the promises made to the poorest, and we press them to support better policies and aid that is more effective. We also work with leaders in Africa to support greater democracy, accountability and transparency and advocate for increased domestic investments in development so that these resources can be effectively deployed. With HQ in Washington, DC, we operate from North America, Europe and Africa.
ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work and activities. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about working to end extreme poverty and preventable disease and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment towards reaching a common goal of ending extreme poverty and preventable disease. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and to contribute to our mission.
The Founder Relations Lead Manager will be the primary point of contact between ONE and our co-founder’s team. This position sits in the Front Office and will be instrumental in communicating the CEO’s vision to the co-founder’s team to help ensure ONE is capitalizing on the co-founders time in the most strategic way possible. When the co-founder is on tour, this role will manage the day-to-day activities of the U2 tour from the road as it relates to ONE/(RED)’s key priorities and objectives. The ideal candidate will have experience working with high-level principals and will bring a high level of discretion, organization and discernment. This is a full-time opportunity reporting directly to the Chief of Staff based in our Washington D.C. office however this role will travel when the band is on tour.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Serves as a member of the Front Office Team and represent the vision of the CEO both internally and to external stakeholders.
- Primarily responsible for strategic deliverables related to the co-founder
- With guidance from the Chief of Staff, leads team in development of guidelines, processes, and procedures for co-founder requests including events, outreach and meetings.
- Collaborates with senior ONE leadership in defining ONE’s goals and strategic objectives as related to the co-founder’s time and capacity
- Represents ONE’s point of view to the co-founder’s team and ensures ONE’s goals are clearly communicated.
- Represents ONE externally and acts as go-between for ONE and key stakeholders at events and meetings where the co-founder represents ONE.
- Provides logistical and project management support for co-founder trips, events, meetings, and initiatives
- Manages the process of producing briefing materials for principal trips, events, and meetings, in coordination with teams across a global organization
- Produces concise, analytical summaries of key topical issues and policy initiatives
- Streamlines communication between ONE and co-founder support team/other stakeholders
- Compiles regular internal status updates on co-founder activities, scheduling, and requests
- Manage and mentor the Founder Relations Specialist and interns
- Additional duties while on tour:
- With oversight from the tour project sponsor and guidance from the project manager, oversees day-today tour activities from the road and relays back pertinent information to the ONE/(RED) team
- Ability to synthesize and digest complex policy and advocacy reports in order to brief high-level principals in a timely and concise fashion
- Effectively communicates between co-founder’s team, tour staff, and ONE/(RED) colleagues with daily phone calls and written briefs
- Manages relationship with co-founder’s team on tour, including feeding in show lines and any other critical information as it relates to specific tour stops
- Primary liaison for ONE/(RED) guests on the tour including coordinating tickets, directions and any event information to ensure guests have a seamless and FUN time while at the show
- Helps manage ONE/(RED)’s tickets on the road including manning the ticket office on show days and helping support Live Nation staff in whatever capacity necessary
- Work closely with Team Leads to prioritize co-founder meet & greets around the shows
- Provide accurate updates on show RSVPs to key internal stakeholders in a timely manner
- Work with Team Leads to ensure guest background and relevant policy, media, and market updates are provided to the principal
- Assist Campaign & Membership Manager on the road ensuring they have what they need to support concourse activities
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in international development or international relations
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience, with experience supporting high-level principals strongly preferred
- Experience in the non-profit sector, government, entertainment or political advance preferred
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information, identifying relevant key points and facts within tight deadlines, and present in concise written format
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
- Excellent research, writing, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities under tight deadlines while performing in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Related work history in poverty and infectious disease alleviation, advocacy, policy, legislation and/or demonstrable interest in the causes ONE supports
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and CRM software
- Ability to work long hours and travel, as needed
- Ability to work and live in the United States is required
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Collaborative mindset and strong interpersonal skills
- Remain positive in high pressure and stressful situations
- Critical thinking, communication, and relationship-building skills
- Flexible and resourceful approach
- Independent problem solver
Fluency in English required. Fluency in other languages highly preferred such as Spanish, French, German, Swahili or sign language.
Travel up to 50% international and/or domestic.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org