Management Systems International is seeking a Sr. Strategic Planning Specialist to support the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Bureau for Policy, Planning, and Learning (PPL). You will be apart of the Strategic Planning and Adapting Team which plays a key role in the Agency's process to develop Country Development Cooperation Strategies (CDCSs) which are multi-year plans that guide the implementation of international development programs in USAID missions around the world.
**Please note: Only U.S. citizens are eligible for this position**
**USG Secret Clearance required**
- As part of a team, provide technical assistance and/or facilitation to USAID country missions in the planning and development of Country Development Cooperation Strategies(CDCSs). This could also include support for stocktaking exercises to review progress toward implementation of the CDCS.
- Draft and/or update tools and written resources to support missions in developing CDCSs, such as How-To Notes, blogs, and templates.
- Facilitate in-person seminars and virtual webinars on technical topics related to strategic planning such as results frameworks and development hypothesis; scenario planning; and adaptive management.
- Develop tools and resources (such as how-to notes, blogs, and templates) to support missions worldwide and promote peer-to-peer exchange across the Agency. Topics include, but are not limited to, the topics listed above.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Current Secret Clearance required
- Master’s degree + 10 years of relevant international development experience.
- OR Bachelor's degree +15 years of relevant international development experience.
- Demonstrable experience creating written “job aids” to enable colleagues to carry out policies and practices.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced foreign language skills preferred.
- Experience in training and capacity building preferred.
- French or Spanish language preferred.
- Long-term development planning with USAID preferred.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org