Reporting to the Assistant Director/Head of Energy & Minerals Division, the Senior Officer shall be responsible to:
- Provide policy and technical advice and recommendations by undertaking research work and preparing policy papers to support the formulation and implementation of ASEAN regional integration policy in energy, including providing inputs into the development of sectoral work plans (and similar documents) and agreements;
- Facilitate discussions and negotiations among ASEAN Member States;
- Monitor the implementation of sectoral work plans (and similar documents) and compliance with ASEAN agreements in the energy sector;
- Manage and coordinate the activities and provide the required support for the development, implementation and monitoring of programmes and/or projects:
- Propose and/or formulate project/activities
- Involve in the review and preparation of project proposals
- Assist in mobilising resources for the implementation of programmes/projects
- Monitor and report the implementation of programmes/projects
- Provide support in the development and implementation of programmes/activities of cooperation between ASEAN and external parties, including ASEAN Dialogue Partners, international organisations and the private sector, in the field of energy
- Initiate future work plan and key activities
- Propose and implement joint agreements, programmes and activities with the external parties
- Liaise with the external parties
- Promote the ASEAN energy sector by preparing promotional materials and taking part in speaking engagement at national, regional and international events as required.
- Management and disbursement of the ASEAN Energy Endowment Fund.
- Support the ASEAN bodies with respect to meetings:
- Prepare the necessary documents required for the meetings
- Act as a resource person and facilitator at meetings
- Represent the ASEAN Secretariat at meetings as required
- Assist the hosting organisations in preparing for meetings
- Provide support in the division’s cross-sectoral as well as minerals-related work, as necessary and as may be assigned.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent degree) in Energy Management, Economics, Public Policy, Business Management, or other appropriate specialist discipline, or a combination of formal qualifications in two or more of those areas; with at least three (3) years of professional experience in energy development planning and policy formulation, implementation and coordination, as well as in project administration; experience preferably obtained from a national government agency responsible for energy policies or from an energy-related portfolio of an international or regional organisation.
- Supervisory experience in a management position, is preferred.
- Bachelor degree in any of the above, or more, specialist discipline(s) with at least five (5) years of qualifying work experience may also be considered.
- High-level technical skills and knowledge in area of responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, develop and manage regional projects for the purpose of providing key recommendations and analysis to support consensus building on regional policies and programmes.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, planning and the development of policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate staff and work effectively with people at all levels of the organisation.
- Experience in identifying training and professional/technical development needs of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct both formal and on-the-job training and foster the career development goals of staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and sound interpersonal skills, including experience in cross-cultural environment and international settings.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain sound working relationships with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborative work practices.
- Competency in computer skills with adequate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Ability to plan and organise tasks and work flow, with proven ability for accuracy under pressure and adherence to deadlines.
- Excellent command of English, written and spoken.
- Ability to travel.
Remuneration and Benefits:
Successful candidate will be offered a basic salary of USD 3,385 and attractive remuneration package
including housing, outpatient medical reimbursement, hospitalization & life insurance, children’s education and gratuity. Subject to good performance during the probation, the candidate will be offered a fixed term contract of three (3) years, inclusive of the six-month probationary period.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org