Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the direct supervision of the Research and Publications Coordinator and general supervision of the head of Office of OIM Argentina and in coordination with the other Units of the NO, RO and Research and Publication Units of the Headquarters, will be responsible for:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Assists in the sharing of knowledge on migration issues through participation in the development and implementation of research, studies, articles and specific documents, including the identification of potential partners like universities and academic centres to carry out these investigations.
2. Maintains working relationships with institutions dedicated to statistics and research, universities and research networks.
3. Participates in the edition of the NO magazine "International Migrations: reflections from Argentina"
4. Provides technical support for the preparation of meetings, workshops and conferences organized by NO; supports the preparation and generation of information products for the Unit meetings and strategies.
5. Participates in the preparation and systematization, in coordination with other Units of the NO, of the results and lessons learned from the implementation of projects (i.e. participating in project evaluation groups).
6. Assists in the development of qualitative and quantitative data collection tools.
7. Assists in training of field employees related to qualitative and quantitative data collection tools
8. Assists in the organization of activities for capacity building related to information management, migration management and human rights.
9. Performs the permanent monitoring of the implementation of the projects, to follow up on compliance with the deadlines and objectives initially defined by the coordination of the Unit.
Information Management and data collection
10. Assists in the implementation of the Displacement Monitoring Matrix (DTM), in the projects for which it is required.
11. Promotes the use of interoperable data collection systems, databases and technologies to provide reports and disaggregated information.
12. Prepares analytical tools, as a database of programs, to report trends in migratory flows, needs assessment.
13. Under the Response Plan for Venezuelan Migrants and Refugees (PRRM / RMRP), coordinates with the National Platform the production of Reporting activities, developing and implementing data collection tools, databases, statistical reports and GIS products (Geographic information systems).
14. Under the RMRP, assists the National Coordination Platform in the production of SitReps, dashboards, infographics and other information products.
15. Prepares maps by response sectors (clusters / intervention areas of the RMRP) and graphs that help operational planning and impact analysis of the actions.
16. Updates the information in the portal of the Regional Coordination Platform of the RMRP (r4v.info), only what is for Argentina. Updates the application of data collection tools, based on those used by the other IOM missions where the RMRP is implemented.
17. Assist in any other activity that is assigned and related to the position.
Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via mail, by July 17th, 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org