Software Development Technical Manager. New York. Posting Date: 08/14/2019. Deadline: 09/02/2019
Purpose of Position
A Seasoned and Experienced Software Development Technical Manager shall be part of a cross-functional software development team. Provide support to in-house developed systems and third-party solutions. Participate in implementation of software development projects as well as integration of various systems, cloud based and/or on-premise.
Software Development Technical Manager will be responsible for initiating, planning, organizing, and executing software development projects. Will be setting expectations for developers, management, and other stakeholders. Will lead projects to completion while ensuring that deadlines and requirements are met. Will coordinate on-going and new application development projects with application owners and NY development team.
OSF Global Head of Applications, OSI NY Chief Information OfficerCandidate profile
- A "Hands-On" leader who takes accountability and ownership of projects
- Independently manage projects from beginning to end
- Collaborate with vendors to elicit complete project scopes and working with technical team to identify tasks, priorities, and deadlines.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Manage resource availabilities and allocations
- Develop realistic, attainable, detailed project plans to track progress
- Report and escalate any issues to management as needed
- Manage relationships with stakeholders and clients
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Keep abreast of new technologies, best practices, and global trends related to software development; make recommendations and oversee as appropriate
- Masters/Bachelors in Computer Science or 12+ years of relevant IT experience, preferably in an IT consulting or other relevant organization
- "Must-Haves" - Technical Leadership Experience
- 6+ Years of Experience with Cloud based solutions and platforms in most of the following: Salesforce.com/SFDC, Heroku
- 1+ or 2+ Salesforce Certifications (any)
- Experience with Middleware (ETL) (Mulesoft, Cast Iron)
- Release Management Skills (using Gearset, etc), Source Code Management
- Experience in 'using' the tools: Zendesk, JIRA, Bitbucket
- Experience with databases (MSSQL, Oracle)
- Experience in leading projects involving: NetSuite, Adaptive Insights, Workday
- Openness to learn and lead new technology initiatives
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with demonstrated investigative skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Comprehensive knowledge about modern software development methodologies and SDLC (Agile, SCRUM, other)
- Strong passion for quality and attention to details
- Ability to cope with complexity and to make decisions with incomplete or minimal data
- Ability to travel to other offices as required
- Global Cross Cultural Team player with ability to work across time zones
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with internal and external partners, fluency in written and spoken English is needed
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues across the Open Society Foundations. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments so that colleagues with disabilities are able to fulfill the essential functions of the job.