ALDA is looking for a Project Manager for International Cooperation Projects. He/she will work under the supervision of ALDA’s Secretary General and liaise with all the colleagues of the team, by undertaking the following duties and responsibilities:
- Project management of several on-going and newly starting projects on International Cooperation Projects (Especially under the programme DEAR – Development Education Awareness Raising led by DG DEVCO).
Among the related tasks:
- To plan and/or implement the action plan of the projects, organizing events and other initiatives described in the programme
- To follow and accompany the partnership and the group involved in the projects
- To communicate about the project with the support of the communication office of ALDA
- To liaise and share knowledge about the project with the team of ALDA
- Liaise with the donor (mainly the European Commission), in cooperation with the Secretary General of ALDA
- To identify possible sources of co-funding and facilitation as for the project implementation, together with the Secretary General and with the Resources and Development office of ALDA
- To be responsible of the use of the budget of the programme and carefully and responsively manager the resources allocated
- To report about the project (both narrative and financial) with the support of the Financial office of ALDA
- To contribute with inputs and suggestions to the best implementation of the project
- To be present to the events of the projects and other events of ALDA, both in Brussels and in the location of implementation of the projects activities
- To actively liaise with the European Networks on International Cooperation network at the local level, together with the Secretary General and with the other staff of ALDA
- To contribute to existing advocacy activities supporting the work of ALDA on global citizenship education, and initiate new ones
- University degree
- Languages: French mother tongue, excellent verbal and written skills in English. Another language (Italian, Spanish, or other European language is an asset)
- Previous experience in project implementation of at least 2 years
- Knowledge of computer tools Ability to work in a team as well as individually
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in managing networks, dealing with diverse institutions
The contract will be for a period of 12 months and can be renewed subject to availability of resources and satisfactory performance evaluation at the completion of the first contracted period.
The contract will preferably start on September 2019. Location: Brussels
Salary based on the experience and qualifications of the candidate. The candidate is requested to express his/her own salary expectations.
Interested applicants should send their Letter of Intent and Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English, stating in the subject line: Application – Project Manager International Cooperation projects
Kindly include names and contact details of 3 references.
Applications must be received on or before 11th August 2019. Interviews will take place the following week.
Please note that, due to the high number of application expected, only candidates that will be shortlisted will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org