Reporting to the Senior Program Officer of Exchange Visitor and Grant Programs (EVGP), the Assistant Program Officer will support the International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP) and other EVGP inbound programs as needed through administrative support, customer service, program compliance, and other program support efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Program and Grant Management Support for IVLP and Inbound Exchange Programs
- Assists Program Officers in the design, planning, and implementation of multiple IVLP projects throughout the program year with necessary guidance
- Provides assistance with research and development of project logistics and program ideas, such as travel and lodging reservations, and researching cultural activities for Exchange Visitor Programs
- Supports budget administration and program finances
- Manages preparations for IVLP and Exchange Visitor program opening orientations
- In conjunction with EVGP staff, serves as hotel coordinator and arranges and assigns visitor group lodgings in Washington DC and New York City and sets up meetings with hotel personnel
- Adds alumni and resource information to Salesforce
Client Relationship Management
- Provides direct and on-going client relationship management through education, assistance, and proactive communication to ensure meaningful opportunities and a seamless process
- Provides superior customer service through phone/ e-mail/mail communications with all internal and external partners; including participants, the U.S. Department of State and other federal agencies, community-based members, and U.S.-based organizations
- Develops and maintains an advanced knowledge of best practices in program administration, visa regulations and application requirements
- Adheres Cultural Vistas policies and procedures as well as program-specific guidelines in order to properly represent Cultural Vistas
- Develops and maintains industry knowledge by seeking out educational workshops, classes, and related publications
- Supports ongoing communication to all appropriate staff as it pertains to initiatives and new and existing business
- Properly monitors assignments to completion and provides feedback and appreciation
- Works in accordance with the mission, goals, values, and strategic direction of Cultural Vistas
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to multi-task, to prioritize workload, to organize, and make decisions in a deadline sensitive environment
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate outcomes and problem solve
- Strong analytical skills, good judgment and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain proactive, flexible, inventive approach
- Possess commitment to professionalism and communicability
- Ability to provide excellent customer service for both internal and external customers
- Ability to exhibit a collegial attitude and excel within a collaborative team working environment
- Strong ability to communicate effectively within a multi-cultural environment and with people from diverse cultures and countries
- Strong personal commitment to continual professional development
- Interest in and commitment to the mission of Cultural Vistas
- Foreign language skills a plus
- Experience with working with international students and/or professionals and international exchange programs a plus
Computer Equipment and Software Experience Required:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite products.
- Prior CRM experience a plus.
Education and Experience Required:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required; International Relations, Business, Education, or other related degree preferred.
- Years of Experience: Minimum of 2-3 years of administrative, customer service, client relations management or program management experience required. Prior international and/or educational experience strongly preferred.
Physical Demands of Position:
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
- Work on weekends, holidays, and evenings may be required.
Please click here to apply.