S/he is the principle technical adviser at the regional level for integrated technical and programme advice for gender, with major focus on adolescent and youth issues. The Technical Adviser works in an integrated manner with the technical and programme staff in the Regional Office Istanbul and Almaty. S/he leads the Youth Cluster, bringing together a multi-disciplinary team of Regional Office advisers and specialists around youth issues.
The Technical Adviser is part of the team which provides integrated programme and technical support to Country Offices under the coordination of the Deputy Regional Director.
Advanced university degree in social anthropology, law and women’s rights, sociology, gender, cultural studies, or other field directly related to the substantive area identified in the title of the post.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 10 years of relevant increasingly responsible professional experience in the substantive area, of which seven years at the international level;
- Understanding of Human Rights dimensions of Gender, essential;
- Broad experience in gender and youth focused programming, essential;
- Experience in culturally sensitive programming is essential;
- Experience in advising and supporting initiatives to eliminate GBV, essential;
- Gender budgeting understanding/experience an asset;
- Knowledge and experience of working on legal issues and Civil Society involvement in related security & protection, an asset;
- Knowledge and experience of working in areas related to harmful traditional practices, an asset;
- Demonstrated expertise in the substantive area of work; and programme experience;
- Strong track record of technical leadership, and proven ability to produce demonstrable results;
- Demonstrated ability to network within the academic and development community;
- Demonstrated expertise in policy dialogue is desirable;
- Familiarity with management and monitoring tools is desirable;
- Familiarity with ICT/ERP is an asset;
- Field experience is strongly desirable.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Russian, strongly desired. Knowledge of other languages spoken in the region is an asset.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org