West End Strategy Team is a full-service strategic communications firm focused on expanding social justice, racial and gender equity and human rights. We offer clients a comprehensive approach including message development, media relations, online strategy, marketing, and crisis communications. Members of our team come from politics, government, journalism, the nonprofit world, and business. We are looking for communications professionals with experience conceiving and implementing goal-driven campaigns.
WEST is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ applicants. As we work to create change through strategic communication, we are also working to create change in our company and our industry.
We are seeking mid-career applicants with at least six years of communications experience at an agency, nonprofit, government, media organization, or equivalent experience. The right candidate will have a proven understanding of the modern media landscape and an interest in using that experience to support issues including racial justice, immigration, women’s rights, LGBTQ equality, progressive foreign policy, and interfaith cooperation, among others.
The pay range for this position is between $69,000 and $84,000 dependent on experience and qualifications. West End Strategy Team provides a generous bonus structure. Benefits include health, dental, long term disability, paid parental leave and a 401k plan with an employer contribution.
- Contributes to the development of strategy and plan recommendations for digital and traditional media platforms in accordance with client objectives.
- Monitors deadlines and manages expectations for deliverables.
- Serves as a main point of contact for clients and provides daily counsel.
- Create and implement media outreach strategies, including researching target media, building press lists, and communicating directly with reporters.
- Act as a liaison between clients and the media, pitching daily.
- Leverages existing media relationships and cultivates new contacts within business and industry media.
- Conceptualize and draft written materials to support clients’ communications goals, including press releases, media advisories, pitch notes, op-eds, talking points, social media and other online content.
- Monitors media outlets for coverage of client news and related developments.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of industry trends and makes appropriate recommendations regarding strategies surrounding them.
- Identifies trends for potential efforts which will cultivate and maintain strong media relationships.
- Build marketing campaigns using social media, advertising, and other tools to advance clients’ goals.
- Contributes to the training of strategists and associates and ensures their work is accurate and meets client standards.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned by a supervisor.
- Six or more years of communications experience at an agency, nonprofit, government, media organization, or equivalent experience.
- Three or more years of experience developing strategic earned media, social media and communications outreach plans and campaigns
- Exhibits significant knowledge and experience in strategic and media communications.
- Established contacts with the national media and a working knowledge of the national media landscape.
- Passionate about ideas, brands, the company, and the client’s business.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, colleagues, and others vital to the company’s business.
- Strong collaborating skills, including experience in leading and developing a team, as well as work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with frequent deadlines; high energy, self-motivated and proactive.
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to effectively articulate ideas to clients, staff, and others.
- Knowledge of AP style.
- Ability to set priorities, multitask and be flexible with workload and assignments.
- Ability to exercise judgment.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org