The Partnership for Transparency Fund (PTF) is a nonprofit organization that sets out to advance innovative citizen-led approaches to improve governance, increase transparency, promote the rule of law, and reduce corruption in developing and emerging countries. PTF garners the collective strengths of over 100 international development experts across the world to provide technical assistance, networking services, capacity building, analytical know-how, and strategic funding to local civil societies, empowering them to hold their leaders to account in an effective and sustainable way. It is currently supporting CSO engagement in COVID-19 responses in Asia and Africa, and advising the Asian Development Bank and the World Bank. Its operations are sustained by grants from multiple donors and private donations. PTF has supported over 250 projects run in fifty countries over twenty years and maintains a roster of over twenty internationally experienced advisers.
PTF is seeking an energetic Communications Manager. The successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal and communications skills and must be well organized. S/he will support managers and volunteers on a variety of tasks related to communications and the operations of the organization.The ability to work quickly in a decentralized environment with strong attention to detail is essential. S/he must be comfortable prioritizing their own work and working independently.
The Communications Manager will be responsible for (i) PTF’s internal and external communications and (ii) with the Progam Manager, supporting its programs, volunteers, and operations in a way that reflects and promotes the mission and vision of the organization and enhances its impact.
Communications: overall responsibility for managing PTF’s communications strategy, including the preparation of the annual report, and social media accounts (newsletter, website, and targeted communications) based on content provided by PTF Advisers and one’s own original content, as well as supporting knowledge-sharing events. In the immediate term, the focus will be on planning and preparing new communications initiatives, potentially including but not limited to a newsletter, event series, and information-sharing fora.
Additional responsibilities include program management, fundraising, volunteer coordination, operations, and administration.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in international development, government, political science, journalism, communication, or a related field.
- 2-3 years of professional experience in a relevant field; communications experience a plus.
- Proactive attitude, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work and set priorities independently; ability to create and improve processes.
- Interest in and knowledge of transparency, accountability, anti-corruption and citizen engagement field, as well as international financial institutions, is a plus.
- Experience with Google Drive, Microsoft Suite and Zoom.
- Experience with Wordpress and social media platforms preferred.
- Knowledge of foreign languages, notably French and/or Spanish desirable
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org