World Learning seeks a Program Associate International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP) to support the implementation of the International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP), a program funded by the U.S. Department of State. The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to manage multiple tasks, work both independently and collaboratively, and communicate clearly and effectively with diverse partners and stakeholders. An interest in working with people from other cultures and backgrounds and a positive, proactive attitude are essential. This position is an opportunity to engage with U.S. and international leaders in a range of fields, learn about key U.S. foreign policy issues, and help forge international partnerships.
This position is part of World Learning’s Global Exchange Unit, which implements a diverse professional exchange portfolio. This position will primarily support the International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP), the flagship professional exchange program of the U.S. Department of State.
Please note this position is funded only through December 31, 2017; further employment is conditional upon satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
• Contributing to the successful implementation of exchange programs in support of U.S. foreign policy goals;
• arranging program logistics (air and ground travel/hotels/meeting space);
• Creating and managing financial documents and processes, including invoices, expense reports, and budgets;
• Conducting project briefings with participants on program arrangements;
• Assisting in the development of program itineraries and arranging professional appointments for participants;
• Supporting the preparation of briefing books and program materials for participants;
• Accompanying participants, as required, to appointments;
• Conducting research to support the preparation of programs;
• Supervising interns and supporting their professional development; and
• Actively participating in and leading activities to support team-wide goals.
• Bachelor’s degree (required); one year professional experience (preferred);
• Demonstrated commitment to maintaining excellence and meeting goals;
• An ability to problem solve and work under pressure;
• A record of cultivating and maintaining strong working relationships with and among diverse stakeholders;
• Experience managing multiple tasks concurrently and successfully, particularly under strict deadlines;
• Strong attention to detail, including in written work and financial tasks;
• International work or study experience;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Office; and
• Fluency with the use of various social media platforms.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*