The Communications Manager leads the organization’s communications strategy and its implementation to contribute to the ambitious growth of KIYO. He/she coordinates and monitors KIYO’s messaging profile, its work and its impact are communicated in an effective and consistent way, while developing, facilitating and managing the various communication materials and channels. He/she reports to the Program Manager and works closely with the organization’s regional communication teams and partnerships.
We are looking for someone with experience in strategic communications and with excellent technical (executional) skills.
- To coordinate the development and implementation of KIYO’s communications strategy with the objective to broaden the support base of KIYO and spread the mission of children’s rights (awareness raising);
- To develop and execute KIYO’s media strategy across all media, including press, broadcast and publications to raise KIYO’s profile and market KIYO’s activities (360° communication);
- To ensure consistent branding is used on all messaging and communications collateral across the organization;
- To capture information & stories from the field and translate them into empowering messages to diffuse to the support base of KIYO and to the broader public;
- To lead on copy-writing and production of key KIYO publications including Annual Review and Newsletter;
- To take responsibility for the development and management of KIYO’s website, including keeping content up to date and appropriate, making improvements to functionality and advising colleagues on maximizing its potential;
- To develop and manage an annual editorial calendar complete with social media, cross-functional communications campaigns, media events;
- To implement and expand a social media strategy, inclusive of performance goals for pre-determined metrics all to drive traffic to the website, engage and grow followers to raise KIYO’s profile and market KIYO’s activities;
- To organize awareness raising & fundraising events;
- To support the fundraising department of KIYO.
- You have a master degree in communication management, communication sciences, strategic communications, journalism, marketing or equivalent experience;
- You have at least 5 years relevant experience. Experience within the non-profit sector is a plus;
- You have an analytical and problem-solving mindset and a proactive, hands-on attitude;
- You have an independent, oriented and structured working approach and are able to work under pressure;
- You have strong relationship building skills, ability to engage and inspire others. You've proven to be someone who can optimize the engagement, retention and loyalty of support base, volunteers and grassroots;
- You have the ability to explain complex issues to external audiences and present the organization and its diverse programmes in an appealing, tangible and concise manner;
- You have strategic insight into the communication of a non-profit organization and can translate this into a concrete action plan;
- You have excellent editorial, copywriting and communication skills;
- You are perfectly bilingual Dutch/French (both orally & written) and you have excellent language skills of English. Knowledge of Portuguese is an asset;
- You have strong technical skills: You understand CSM, SEO, analytics and have the ability to analyse traffic data and track metrics to develop and grow audience using tools such as, Google Analytics, HooteSuite, Adobe Omniture. You understand video editing, PHP, HTML, WordPress, InDesign, Photoshop and use of social media, …;
- You have relations in the field of communication and/or media that can be sourced.
- Understanding human rights and in particular children's rights, is a plus;
- You are a team player and enjoy working collaboratively with the organization’s key stakeholders;
- You are a dynamic person, confident to take on a challenge. You are 100% committed to help advance and grow the organization.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*