As Chief of Party II you will be responsible for the management of all aspects of activity implementation in meeting the objectives of the USAID funded-Marawi Recovery Program including, but not limited to, technical, administrative, operational, and logistical management of project activities. You will provide vision, leadership and accountability for the ultimate success of the program. Your strategic leadership, management and technical knowledge will ensure the delivery of high-quality programming and advance the position of CRS as a leading agency in the emergency response and recovery sector. Candidates should have proven track records leading complex US government projects and recognized expertise in humanitarian response and recovery.
- Provide overall technical and administrative leadership to the project implementation team, including development of strategy, budgets, work plans, monitoring and evaluation plans and reporting to USAID and other stakeholders;
- Provide supervision, coaching, and professional development to Marawi Recovery team members, in accordance with CRS's performance management system; Provide additional supervision, support, and oversight for consultants and implementing partner organizations;
- Work closely with the USAID Mission and provide timely updates on project progress, achievements, and challenges;
- Serve as the primary representative of the Marawi Recovery Program to relevant local and national governmental authorities, local and international NGOs, community organizations, private sector partners, UN Agencies and other donor organizations;
- Ensure full compliance with USAID rules and regulations, with a particular emphasis on preventing the misuse or misdirection of program funds;
- Lead and carefully monitor program implementation, impact, and milestone achievement. Work in close collaboration with the Head of Programs and Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Manager to ensure that project targets are met, achievements are documented, and successes are disseminated;
- Promote the sustainability of project activities through effective networking, linkages to other programs, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening of implementing partners and community-based organizations;
- Participate in CRS Philippines's Senior Management Team (SMT), to ensure the Marawi Recovery program's effective coordination, communication, and complementarity across departments, programs, and offices;
- Work closely with the Country Representative, Deputy Chief of Party, and Head of Operations to track, analyze, and respond to changes in the operational and security environment, to guarantee the safety, security, and well-being of program staff and assets;
- Work closely with the Country Representative, Deputy Chief of Party, and Head of Operations to track, analyze, and respond to changes in the operational and security environment, to guarantee the safety, security, and well-being of EG2020 staff and assets.
Travel Required: 50% within country, occasional regional or international trips.
Education and Experience
- MBA or Master's degree in Public Policy, International Development or related field;
- 10 or more years' relevant management and technical experience;
- 7 years experience managing US government funds, including multi country grants and/or awards in excess of USD 10 million. Excellent knowledge and experience in budget management;
- Established leader in sector as demonstrated by peer reviewed publications, conference presentations, past performance, etc.;
- Demonstrated experience of successful program management, including management of complex, high-value, multi-activity projects, with complicated logistics;
- 5 years of staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to creating learning environment. Experience coaching and mentoring senior managers;
- Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships. Knowledge of CRS partnership approach a plus;
- Ability to represent the Agency, verbally and in writing, at high levels;
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
- Excellent strategic, analytic, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make strategic decisions;
- Excellent relationship management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship;
- Strong team leadership abilities with diverse and multi-disciplinary teams. Ability to be an effective coach and mentor;
- Strong communications and presentation skills; able to develop tailored and persuasive messaging for varied audiences.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and flexible.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Country Representative, Head of Programs, Head of Operations, Finance Manager, Head of Office - Davao, Deputy Chief of Party, technical leads;
- External: Program Managers of consortium members, government of the Philippines, USAID representatives at Manila and field level.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org