The global Advocacy and Outreach Coordinator reports to PI’s Management Team and works under the direct supervision of the Executive Director. S/he is responsible for planning and implementation of global advocacy and outreach initiatives, while supporting the Management Team and field offices in their programming and capacity building.
- Lead the development of PI’s global advocacy strategy in line with PI’s Global Strategy and in consultation with relevant stakeholders, ensuring that they draw from experience and learning across our protection programmes;
- Plan and coordinate PI’s global advocacy and outreach activities;
- Oversee, coordinate and support implementation of local and national advocacy actions in consultation with Country Representatives;
- Represent PI in key external fora and engage with external partners, as relevant;
- Ensure consistency in messages across the organisation and coordinate campaigns in line with PI’s mandate;
- Contribute with an advocacy and outreach perspective to the organisation’s strategic plan and decision making processes;
- Coordinate staff and work plan’s implementation by the Advocacy and Outreach Unit;
- Participate in capacity building and knowledge-sharing activities across the organization.
Required qualifications and experience
- Relevant academic background (international law, international relations, political sciences, among others);
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position;
- Sound experience and a proven record of accomplishment in multilateral advocacy at global and/or regional level and successful advocacy at country level on human rights-related issues;
- Extensive experience working in the field or in close collaboration with local NGOs.
Skills and Knowledge
- Commitment to PI’s mission and to the work of human rights defenders;
- Excellent knowledge of the international human rights system as well as national mechanisms for the protection of human rights defenders;
- A proven ability to plan and communicate strategically;
- Knowledge on the situation of human rights defenders at risk, expertise on HRD protection issues would be a strong asset;
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to influence others;
- Capacity to motivate colleagues and to assume leadership;
- Mentoring and capacity-building skills, applicable across different regions and at the international level;
- Command of social media platforms and tools;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural team with respect for diversity;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and working proficiency in Spanish are required. Being able to communicate effectively in French would be a strong asset;
- Ability to travel overseas.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org