There are over 1.7m chartered accountants and students around the world − talented, ethical and committed professionals who use their expertise to ensure we have a successful and sustainable future. Over 178,500 of these are ICAEW Chartered Accountants and students. We train, develop and support each one of them so that they have the knowledge and values to help build local and global economies that are sustainable, accountable and fair.
We’ve been at the heart of the accountancy profession since we were founded in 1880 to ensure trust in business. We share our knowledge and insight with governments, regulators and business leaders worldwide as we believe accountancy is a force for positive economic change across the world.
We wish to appoint an European Affairs Executive, working with the Head of European Affairs and the Regional Director, Europe. This is a full time position, based in Brussels.
Overall role purpose:
- To deliver regular visibility initiatives and contact building in the EU arena to maximise ICAEW reputation and influence;
- To assume responsibility for monitoring EU policy developments and assist in the drafting and communication of ICAEW views in defined policy areas;
- To implement European public policy and public affairs initiatives and build communities of professional bodies and stakeholders around ICAEW, using all new digital channels and maximising ICAEW’s influence and reputation.
Main responsibilities include:
- To monitor and report on EU policy initiatives, highlighting relevance to ICAEW and strategically important European markets;
- To support the development and help communicate ICAEW positioning and recommendations in specific EU policy areas;
- To proactively contribute to the design of public policy and public affairs initiatives;
- To assume organisational responsibility for the delivery of high profile events and visibility initiatives;
- To draft synopses and other written outputs from events and other initiatives;
- To ensure effective relationship management with professional accountancy bodies across Europe.
- Relevant and recent experience working in public policy;
- A good understanding of the EU decision-making process;
- Practical experience with business-related EU policy making; an awareness of/interest in issues relating to the professional accountancy sphere would be a strong advantage;
- EU stakeholder engagement and event management experience;
- The ability to proactively identify opportunities for contact building and developing partnerships;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including the ability to prepare written briefs and communicate positions to broad audiences;
- Understanding of different channels of communication, and the ability to think ‘digital first’;
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to develop and manage relationships with ICAEW members and external stakeholders;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently;
- A practical, flexible approach to working, with the ability to manage multiple deadlines, to effectively prioritise workload and to resolve problems that may arise;
- Fluent English. Ability to work in a second European language is an asset.
We offer a competitive remuneration package for this position.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV along with a one-page motivation letter, including current remuneration by clicking apply below.
We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use your data and to meeting our data protection obligations under GDPR. For more information, please visit https://www.icaew.com/icaew-policies/job-application-privacy-notice.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org