One Acre Fund - TUBURA is an agricultural ENGO working in different East African countries to support farmers with small areas of land. We offer each of our members a set of services such as local delivery of agricultural inputs on credit and training with the objective of increasing harvests and revenues. Established in Burundi in 2012, we are a fast growing organization, which now has more than 700 employees nationwide. In 2017 we served more than 90,000 households in 5 provinces; Muramvya, Gitega, Kayanza, Mwaro and Ngozi. For more information visit our website: http://www.oneacrefund.org
We are looking for a monitoring and evaluation professional or researcher in the field, intelligent, dedicated and with analytical skills, for the position of Associate in Monitoring and Evaluation that will be based in Muramvya, Burundi. Overall, the M & E Associate will be responsible for using the data to continually improve our operations and the positive impact seen by our members. The Monitoring and Evaluation department at One Acre Fund operates as an internal research department and the results are used primarily to inform the program's decision-making process and to rigorously measure the impact of the program.
Roles and responsibilities
- Design goal-oriented surveys, field-testing survey tools and review.
- Innovate the process of collecting data and presenting concrete results.
- Analyze data and write reports to draw preliminary and final conclusions, and arrive at actionable results.
- Work closely with field teams to ensure that monitoring and evaluation results and recommendations are understood and monitored.
- Supervise the local management team, including Field Coordinator, Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist and Data Manager, who support a team of approximately 30 full-time investigators, including the following tasks:
- Regular supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Managers through field visits, meetings and career reviews.
- Supervision in the field of the key activities of the Monitoring and Evaluation Department, in the interest of a "perfect" level of quality.
- Quality control and supervision of data collection processes.
- Supervision of the follow-up of errors declared in the field.
- Oversee the recruitment and development of Monitoring and Evaluation staff.
- Targeted Professional Development of the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist and Data Manager to turn them into independent team leaders and analysts
- Update recruitment protocols as needed and use them to recruit better data collectors.
- Organization of regular trainings to improve the skills of data collectors.
- Treat poorly performing personnel appropriately.
We are looking for a professional with at least one year of professional experience and a proven long-term passion for international development. We are looking for a candidate who will help our organization reach a higher level in terms of impact and scale. This is a competitive offer for a career position with a minimum initial commitment of 18 months. Candidates who meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Solid and relevant work experience, including previous field work in Monitoring and Evaluation or data collection / research.
- Academic or professional experience in the design and implementation of evaluations / research and in the analysis of results
- Strong quantitative skills and experience in using statistical software (preferably STATA)
- Ability to multitask and always meet deadlines
- University degree required. Master's degree in International Relations, Public Policy, Statistics or related field is preferable
- Positive attitude geared towards personal growth and learning and ability to respond positively to feedback.
- Ability to communicate clearly and convincingly.
- Leadership experience at work or outside of work.
- Humility and personal stability. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience and able to perform the service with humility.
- Willingness to commit to living in East Africa for at least two years - this is a position that allows for a long-term career.
- The ideal candidate will have at least one year's work experience in developing countries or will be a national of one of the countries where our program is present.
- Languages - English (required), French (highly recommended), Kirundi (preferred)
- Ability to set goals and achieve them
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Ability to manage work and develop others
- To be autonomous, honest and humble
- Being organized and very attentive / attentive to details
- Passion to serve Burundian farmers
One Acre Fund invests in the development of management and leadership skills. Your manager and a global support team will spend a lot of time on your professional development. We continuously provide concrete feedback through mentoring and regular career reviews in the form of management advice. We also hold regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to create truly exciting roles. Due to our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles that open up and full of opportunities in different functions.
We offer a modest starting salary that guarantees a high quality of life in our areas of operation. This is a career-building role with performance-based increases and the ability to expand responsibilities over time.
If you would like to apply, please visit the organization's website link, under available positions: https://oneacrefund.org/work-with-us/job-openings/. The application file must consist of:
- Curriculum vitae updated and detailed highlighting the skills required above,
- A cover letter, preferably addressed to the chief of human resources of One Acre Fund
- Certifications of service attesting your experience are preferable
- The submission of applications is ongoing, but it would be best to submit your application as soon as possible.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org