The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, safe water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.
Volunteer Manager, Community Engagement
Reporting to the Senior Director of Community Engagement, the Volunteer Manager will support the day-to-day management of volunteer and community partnership processes, tools and systems to ensure that UNICEF USA’s grassroots organizers (UNICEF UNITE Teams) are effectively taking action to support UNICEF USA’s strategic goals. The Volunteer Manager works closely with the Youth Engagement, Advocacy & Engagement, Public Policy & Advocacy, Children Uprooted, Humanitarian Emergencies and Marketing & Communications teams to effectively manage volunteers and community partnerships.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
- Serve as the point of contact for day-to-day volunteer management processes, tools and activations in line with the domestic engagement strategy, campaigns, moments, and calls to action through UNICEF UNITE — UNICEF USA’s grassroots organizing structure
- Work across UNICEF USA departments and regional offices to assist the Senior Director of Community Engagement in developing and implementing a holistic volunteer recruitment and retention strategy to grow the number of volunteers taking action for UNICEF USA and strengthen UNICEF UNITE teams
- Support recruitment and retention strategy for adult volunteers ensuring that UNICEF USA is providing volunteers a clear vision, adequate training and resources, guidance, and information for this consistency
- Ensure that volunteer activations are strategically aligned with advocacy, engagement, Kid Power, Children Uprooted, Marketing & Communications campaigns and other organizational priorities
- Manage the preparation, execution, and follow-up for monthly UNICEF UNITE video calls, attended by volunteers across the country. This includes, but is not limited to, the selection of the monthly topic, guest speaker(s), and calls-to-action
- Serve as the point person for building out and sharing a calendar of regular training opportunities and activations for UNICEF USA volunteers to develop their skills and take action
- Manage UNICEF UNITE Councils/Teams in cities without Community Engagement Fellows (6 as of Fall 2018)
- Collaborate with other Strategy & Engagement staff and the Content, Social and Digital Platforms teams to ensure strategic, effective and timely communications to UNICEF USA supporters via website, email, social media and other means
- Work with the Marketing & Communications division to elevate the stories of volunteers on UNICEF USA blogs and social media channels
- Assist in the writing and editing of materials to support volunteer management and activations, videos, podcasts, presentations, monthly newsletters, including training and guidance for Community Engagement Fellows managing UNICEF UNITE Councils/Teams on the ground
- Work with the Director of Engagement Strategy to troubleshoot road blocks and bottlenecks on data and digital platforms to ensure the effective implementation of volunteer and community partnerships projects and activations
- Help track and report on volunteer and community engagement activities and impact through BBCRM and other means, including contributions to UNICEF Clubs recruitment, advocacy impact, volunteer recruitment, lead generation, and soft credit toward Community Fundraising (Development) revenue goals
- Assist UNICEF UNITE teams in stewarding volunteers toward national priorities and support individual volunteers on an as needed basis
- Develop and manage offboarding process for any volunteers transitioning off a UNICEF UNITE council
- Facilitate trainings for Community Engagement Fellows and assist with Global Citizenship Fellows Orientation and Retreat
- Plan and manage branded inventory procurement, storage and distribution to staff and volunteer teams
- Implement annual UNICEF UNITE Council Lead application process in December to January and develop onboarding materials for new members
- Regularly document best practices, lessons learned and process improvements and solicit cross divisional feedback on volunteer engagement to inform program growth and development
- Assist in the planning and execution of UNICEF USA’s Annual Summit
- Maintain accurate BBCRM queries on UNICEF UNITE teams and members for Silverpop email sends
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of volunteer or community partnerships management
- Proven track record of managing and influencing staff and volunteers, directly and indirectly, to achieve grassroots organizing, volunteering or community engagement results
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills (oral and written)
- Ability to track and manage multiple projects and meet deadlines on time
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, etc
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and simultaneously manage multiple projects with cross-divisional stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where deadlines may shift in times of humanitarian emergencies and other unforeseen events
- Attention to detail
- Collaborative, team-oriented approach
- Problem-solver; solution-oriented thinker
- General understanding of UNICEF’s mission, child rights, international development and humanitarian affairs
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, UNICEF USA offers a comprehensive benefits package.
UNICEF USA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org