This is an exciting time to join the Telecoms Security and Resilience (TSR) in DCMS. The team is rapidly expanding to reflect the vital importance of secure communications and digital infrastructure to our long term economic prosperity and security. We have three exciting and challenging policy posts available and are looking for highly motivated individuals to join our team. These are high profile roles, covering areas with considerable interest from Ministerse, No10, the Treasury and security departments and agencies. It is an excellent opportunity to gain leadership experience in a complex policy area and significant exposure to a wide range of teams and external stakeholders, including industry, government, international bodies and the regulator.
Telecoms Security Policy and Resilience Policy Teams (x3 roles)
TSR is a growing team within the Digital Infrastructure Directorate and is working on a variety of policy areas to ensure the security and resilience of telecoms critical national infrastructure. The roles will be challenging and rewarding, with a chance to make an impact on a developing agenda for the Department, across Whitehall and internationally. Working closely with other Government Departments and Agencies, Industry and Ofcom and in partnership with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, attaches in post, international governments, partners and institutions.
The posts offer unique opportunities to work on high profile, fast paced and varied work streams, including implementing the recommendations of the Government's Review into the supply chain for the UK Telecoms Sector. This is a high-profile Government Review at the intersection of domestic and foreign policy, economic policy and national security matters.
The successful applicants will need to be able to engage confidently with large numbers of stakeholders across Whitehall and outside of government; work independently and flexibly in a very busy team; develop policy at pace in a cutting edge sector; and help to coordinate a number of strands of work. Some of the main responsibilities could include:
- Support the development and implementation of a new coherent and robust strategic security policy and accountability framework for the UK Telecoms sector - working closely with the National Cyber Security Centre and Ofcom - leading specific implementation projects;
- Support the development and passage of any legislative proposals to implement the outcomes of the telecoms supply chain review;
- Support the development of the international strategy - including leading certain aspects - to support relationship building and long term projects to implement the telecoms supply chain review working with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office;
- Leading discrete aspects of telecoms security and resilience policy including supporting tactical projects (led by NCSC and CPNI) and work packages to inform long term strategic policy development
- Provide secretariat support to industry engagement forum and oversee telecoms security stakeholder engagement plan;
- Collaborate to create high quality papers and briefing materials for cross-government working groups and briefing materials for senior officials and Ministers;
- Provide surge capacity to respond to telecoms incidents (cyber and hazards) and support responses to foreign direct investment case work
We are looking for exceptional individuals with strong policy, people and organisational skills to join the team. The successful candidates will be self-starters with drive and energy, strong interpersonal skills and a team-centric and collaborative way of working.
Experience of working on regulatory policy and or delivery of legislation and a keen interest in economic and security matters would be desirable. Successful candidates should possess a minimum of Security Clearance (SC), or be willing to undergo Developed Vetting (DV).
Please refer to the Candidate Pack for further information.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org