The ‘Financial Markets and Institutions’ unit of CEPS consists of a small research team which specialises in financial services and their providers. The unit has recently been awarded a number of research contracts which it carries out in cooperation with universities, research institutes and consultancies. In these projects the CEPS team is using a combination of both quantitative and qualitative research methods. It is this substantive focus which is central to the profile of INTERN – Financial Markets and Institutions unit.
- You will become a member of the CEPS team and contribute to the work of the ‘Financial Markets and Institutions’ unit under the supervision of the head of unit;
- You will participate in international research teams that carry out projects for the European Commission and other funding organisations;
- You will assist in data collection and manipulation;
- You will assist in the acquisition of new research projects.
Your background and qualifications
- You are a registered student for the full period October 2019-March 2020, doing a Master in Finance, Econometrics or equivalent;
- You have a strong affiliation with data collection and analysis;
- You are able to critically read and comment on research reports and academic publications;
- You have an excellent command of English, both orally and in writing.
- You are able to work in a research team comprising junior and senior colleagues and work under the supervision of a senior colleague;
- You enjoy teamwork and are open to giving and receiving feedback;
- You have, or are willing to develop insights into ongoing legislative and policy debates in the field.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org