Executive Assistant. Washington, D.C.. Posting Date: 05/22/2020. Deadline: 06/10/2020
The Open Society Foundations work to build vibrant and inclusive democracies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people. We are active in more than 120 countries, making us the world's largest private funder of independent groups working for justice, democratic governance, and human rights.
The Human Rights Initiative (HRI) works across issues and geographies to promote a comprehensive vision of human rights that recognizes that a diverse and powerful human rights movement is critical to the ongoing struggle of all people to realize our rights. Job Profile
HRI seeks an Executive Assistant based in Washington D.C. to support the work of the Program Director, who manages a large global grant-making program and functions as the co-director of the Washington D.C. office. The executive assistant will support the program director in daily scheduling and administrative functions related to both the Human Rights Initiative and the Washington office, and will liaise closely with the program's leadership team. This role also acts as the primary contact for the advisory board and supports the operations of a number of cross-programmatic initiatives. As the Executive Assistant to the Director of the Human Rights Initiative and Co-Director of the Washington office, you will:
What we are looking for:
- Manage complex calendars, coordinate meetings, and ensure that schedules are handled in an efficient manner
- Coordinate travel arrangements for director and event related guests including: obtaining visas, scheduling flights and transfers, preparing travel documents
- Provide logistical support and spearhead planning for advisory board meetings, staff retreats, and other events; provide event follow up including processing payments and drafting minutes
- Perform high level administrative functions, including but not limited to drafting and processing correspondence, creating and updating filing system, scanning, copying, placing and screening calls and directing messages to other staff as necessary, taking notes during meetings
- Regularly draft and process contracts for consultants, advisory board members, and vendors
- Reconcile complex monthly expenses and expense reports
- 3 - 5 years of experience in administrative support, preferably at least 2 - 3 years of dedicated executive assistant with solid experience in event planning
- Strong attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks at once with little notice and with a high degree of autonomy and self-motivation
- Able to make administrative, procedural decisions and judgments and handle sensitive information with discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills with sensitivity to cultural communication differences
What we offer:
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people with diverse backgrounds throughout a complex organization
- Professional or personal experience with international and cross-cultural contexts
- Savviness with technology, including video conference systems, online collaboration tools, secure digital communication, and Microsoft Suite
- Ample opportunities to learn and grow, from annual professional development allowances to onsite trainings and brown bag lunches with visiting experts.
- Top-notch benefits and perksdesigned for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. With some variability according to location, this includes generous time off, flexible work arrangements, employer-paid health insurance, generous retirement savings plan, progressive paid parental leave, reproductive and family planning support, sabbatical opportunities, and much more .
- A commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables everyone to bring their full self to work and make a positive impact on the world.
See what a day in the life at Open Society is like .
If this sounds like the position you have been looking for, please submit your cover letter and a resume; we look forward to learning more about you.
Please note, this position is not eligible for work authorization sponsorship.
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We aim to build an inclusive workforce that is reflective of the populations we support, and actively seek applications from those who are marginalized and underrepresented. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and colleagues with disabilities.