The Senior Project Manager will provide technical and managerial direction and support for implementation of projects within Winrock’s HREE portfolio, with a particular focus on private sector engagement, technical education delivery, and youth workforce development. The SPM works closely with field-based staff, assuming responsibility for home office project management with support from a Program Associate.
This position manages a new private sector technology education initiative in Ethiopia along with contributing to the expansion of the education portfolio through new business development and private sector engagement. Technical focus includes expansion of distance learning approaches, the use of technology in education, technical thought leadership on private sector engagement and youth workforce development, as well as effective project management practices and procedures.
- Provide comprehensive home office project management of international projects, including cooperative grants and contracts
- Directly support Ethiopia-based field team Nedamco Ethiopia Cloud Initiative (a youth workforce development initiative focused on cloud engineering skills development, partnering with a multi-faceted private sector consortium, supporting technical, operational, and financial management);
- Develop and maintain close communications with host country organizations, field personnel, and subawardees to strengthen strategic partnership networks and monitor program implementation, outcomes and compliance;
- Supervise project Program Associate and provide professional development, coaching, and direct project support and guidance;
- Serve as Budget manager for projects to ensure effective financial management including tracking of budgets, monthly Field Office Vouchers and Wire Requests, obligations, and subawards, and flag issues for field as needed;
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of project deliverables, including writing and technical reviews;
- Provide final review of subawards and procurement documents and provide feedback to field team and Program Associate prior to circulation for approval;
- Travel to the field to conduct training, oversight, monitoring, and strategic relationship building;
- Participate in HREE New Business development and where appropriate, serve in key roles for New Business capture and proposal development working with multi-disciplinary teams from the programs, new business, and cost and pricing units;
- Represent Winrock at external events, nationally and internationally.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, education, international development, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Eight+ years’ experience in international development, especially in home office management, financial oversight, technical project management, and donor compliance; demonstrated success in supporting new business efforts with USG and the private sector; direct private sector engagement experience; experience with distance learning approaches and use of technology in education programs; experience training field staff and coaching and mentoring junior staff; and field experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate and effectively engage with private sector partners in addition to USG donors;
- Adept at project planning, budgeting, management, and financial analysis;
- Demonstrated skills in project management to achieve targets within scope, budget, and on time; certification in PMD Pro a plus;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills for project management, donor and partner relations, and new business development;
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks, and work under pressure while ensuring quality;
- Demonstrated strong analytical capability and problem-solving abilities required;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and foster a positive working environment;
- Ability to demonstrate the highest level of ethical standards at all times;
- Experience in comprehensive inclusion of GESI considerations into effective programming;
- Fluent English is required, competency in additional foreign languages preferred;
- Willingness to travel internationally.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org