IIE seeks an expert in international student admissions for an exciting project to enhance a prestigious, large-scale global scholarship program. As key personnel on the core project team, the University Admissions Specialist will lead the development of contract deliverables related to designing a strategy and implementation plan for a new university admissions services office to support scholarship recipients and applicants. The University Admissions Specialist will leverage her/his experience in managing and implementing advising services for students on selecting best fit academic programs at quality higher education institutions. She/he will offer first-hand knowledge on higher education admissions processes including application systems, requirements, best practices, and current trends in priority fields of study. Reporting to the Head of Team, working in close collaboration with the core project team and other IIE expert staff, and engaging extensively with the client, this position is full-time 7-month assignment with most work to be carried out in Saudi Arabia.
- Coordinate with IIE Project Team and frequently engage with client to improve exchange and transfer of subject matter knowledge, and build relationship with client.
- Develop plans for a dedicated University Admissions Office to include suggested roles, management, processes, budget, and guidelines by contributing core content, case scenarios, and best practices; and identifying reference items and supplemental resources.
- Conduct review of client’s data and business processes in admissions and selection to identify areas of success and prepare recommendations for improving scholarship selection and admissions processes, benchmarked to client’s objectives.
- Identify preferred universities and academic programs aligned with clients’ development priorities.
- Establish benchmarks and indicators to measure impact of selection and admission placements systems in overall scholar
Education and Work Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in order to apply a working knowledge of the theories and principles in a specialized field or work discipline.
- Requires at least five years of related work experience.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of higher education institutions, international student admissions processes, and prestigious scholarship program operations.
- Proven ability to deliver subject matter expertise on scholarship selection and higher education admission processes, including application systems, requirements, best practices and current trends.
- Extensive experience liaising with university admission offices, academic departments, and related offices to secure admission decisions.
- Preference for experience working with high level government agencies, and/or working as a consultant or subject-matter expert.
- Ability to meet all agreed-upon deadlines for deliverables and deliverable reviews.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with a global team.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, cross cultural and communication skills required. Excellent writing and public speaking skills.
- Preference for fluency in Arabic language, and experience working in the Gulf.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*