The Program Officer will be responsible for the development, implementation, and administration of ASIL Department of Education activities. The Program Officer reports to the Deputy Executive Director (DED).
- Support the DED and presidentially appointed committees in developing and implementing the Annual and Midyear meetings, including plenaries and program tracks, interest group sessions, continuing legal education, academic and professional development activities, and other events;
- Support the DED and presidentially appointed committees in developing and implementing educational programming, including conferences, special events, interest group activities, and educational resources and research activities;
- Manage the ASIL career development program, including updates to the ASIL Guide to Career in International Law, mentoring and professional development programs (in-person and online), and creation of professional development materials for use by ASIL members, Academic Partners, and Law Firm Members;
- Administer ASIL's United Nations Observer program, including coordinating the accreditation and reporting obligations of authorized representatives of the Society;
- Liaise with the Director of Publications and Research regarding management of ASIL Insights and International Law in Brief, and contribute written content as appropriate;
- Supervise ASIL event volunteer staff, international law fellows, and interns;
- Coordinate with ASIL staff assigned to assist with events;
- Create ASIL website content and promotional materials for all education activities;
- Assist with the design and implementation of ASIL's judicial education programs;
- Assist with the design and implementation of programs to support Academic, Law Firm, and Publisher Partnerships;
- Assist with the development and operation of ASIL CLE programming, including accreditation, promotion, registration, online distribution, development of new program content, and identifying and obtaining research materials;
- Manage the Arthur C. Helton Fellowship Program, including developing promotional materials, coordinating the selection process, and developing and administering a post-fellowship alumni program; and
- Such other program-related duties as shall be assigned by the DED.
Education: Graduate degree in international law or international relations (or similar field) required.
Minimum Qualifications: Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum of three years of experience working in the legal or non-profit sectors;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to conduct international legal research and produce cogent written analyses under tight deadlines;
- Ability to work flexible hours in support of education programs;
- Program management skills, including design, implementation, and evaluation of existing and new programmatic goals;
- Strong initiative and follow-through, the ability to multi-task effectively, including prioritization of competing obligations, and the ability to work under pressure;
- Strong interpersonal skills; and
- Strong organizational skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Candidates in possession of the following qualifications will be prioritized:
- Professional experience in an international law or relations setting;
- Demonstrated experience in a specific area of international law, including publications, presentations, or substantive work;
- International study or other relevant international experience;
- Strong public speaking skills;
- Prior experience supervising staff and support personnel;
- Knowledge of and experience with administering continuing legal education programs;
- Experience with membership organization procedures and programs; and
- Budget and financial management experience.
Compensation: ASIL offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, and a stimulating, collegial work environment.
Please submit a cover letter with resume, references, and writing sample (no more than 10 pages). Please put "Program officer" in the subject line.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org