Provides technical assistance and support to programs in francophone countries, in the areas of civil society strengthening, governance, peacebuilding, preventing violent extremism, and youth engagement. Collects, complies, and analyzes information relevant to programs. Provides administrative and project support, in addition to communication efforts related to program management and execution. Ensures compliance with internal and external regulations. Monitors budget for programs and develops monitoring system for reviewing project status. Ensures completion of program while adhering to budget, scope, and schedule requirements. Develops/Reviews work plans, prepares presentations, and supports other related program objectives and deliverables.
- Provides support to program management such as troubleshooting, updates work plans, coordinates travel arrangements and monitors program activities;
- Tracks performance against Financial Cost Objective (FCO) ID, project timelines, budget, objectives, and deliverables;
- Facilitates communication by answering partner inquires and monitoring project websites;
- Designs, implements, and coordinates specific program activities and may conduct research to achieve program goals;
- Works with Project Manager and assists with developing budgets, proposals, managing grants, project materials, and information;
- Collects, complies and analyzes information relevant to the program;
- May provide administrative support to programs as needed by writing, reviewing, and translating reports on a quarterly basis;
- Provides technical assistance and support to program;
- Reviews and contributes to work plans for one or many programs;
- Documents and shares project accomplishments, challenges, and lessons learned among internal and external partners;
- Serves as the liaison for internal units, such as finance, contracts, centers, etc.;
- Supports program/project teams administratively and technically to provide high quality deliverables to clients;
- Develops reports, briefing papers, press releases, and presentations as necessary for one or multiple projects/programs;
- Ensures timely implementation, and monitors project activities against work plans;
- Identifies resource development opportunities and supports development of proposals;
- Assists with budgeting and writing proposals;
- Serves as the liaison with government officials, local communities, and other organizations;
- Provides technical input to projects, including monitoring and evaluation;
- Supervises and mentors staff and provides training on systems, policies, and regulations.
- Working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures with program design;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong and demonstrated program/project management skills;
- Ability to problem solves and implements corrective action as needed;
- Ability to prepare reports and provide information to management in a timely matter.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent;
- Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field;
- Project Management (PM) Certification preferred.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5-8 years’ experience with program management, US Government rules and regulations;
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff;
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently as well as fluency or strong proficiency in French to work every day with Francophone colleagues and French language documents;
- Prior team lead experience preferred;
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private organization;
- International or Domestic (US) Program Development or Program management preferred.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org