Reporting to the Regional Manager, ChildSight® Midwest, the Program Manager will also work closely with the ChildSight® Program Finance Officer, as well as with the project’s donors and partners, and will supervise a team of seasonal Program Assistants. The Program Manager will partner regularly with External Relations staff on communications and fundraising, and other Headquarters staff that provide support to the program in Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology and Operations on an as needed basis.
HKI has a matrixed reporting structure that respects both the line management and authority within field office and project hierarchies; and the accountability and oversight duties of subject matter experts at the headquarters level. Regular communication and a spirit of team work among colleagues, both hierarchically and laterally are essential to make this structure thrive.
Scope of the Position
The Program Manager’s main responsibilities are programmatic and operational management, including staff management, the preparation of work plans, budgets, integration of new policies, procedures and initiatives, drafting donor reports, success stories, and day-to-day monitoring and evaluation of program implementation quality and overall progress against set objectives. Working in collaboration with colleagues, the Program Manager also supports long-range planning and supports local fundraising efforts.
- Lead the planning and implementation of all program activities in accordance with HKI policies and local/state governing regulations.
- Monitor and evaluate program activities, identify aspects requiring improvement and work with supervisor to enact the necessary modifications needed to enhance program quality and efficiency.
- Work closely with colleagues to develop and implement a fundraising strategy and to fulfill all donor objectives.
- Provide program data and success stories for marketing purposes and grant proposals and support local advocacy efforts focused on improving access to eye health services.
Program Implementation and Oversight
- Hire, train, and supervise staff and vendors engaged in the implementation of the program.
- Develop and implement a detailed schedule for on-site vision screening, refraction and eyeglass distribution in cooperation with local school representatives, consulting optometrists and other partners.
- Ensure program quality and efficiency by providing consistent supervision of on-site program services and ensuring the completion of teacher and student surveys to assess the impact of and satisfaction with services;
- Work with school nurses and local hospital partners to ensure that children with complex eye disorders requiring further assessment and care are treated in a timely manner.
Asset and Data Management
- Ensure the appropriate collection and storage of health records, the accuracy of all program related data, and the fulfillment of all internal and external reporting requirements including those involving grants and/or contracts.
- Ensure the proper maintenance of all program files, records and documents.
- Bachelor's degree plus two to four years’ related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in school and/or health settings, and with adolescents and knowledge of and sensitivity to the local context is strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work independently, but also coordinate effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent inter-personal skills; demonstrating diplomacy and tact.
- Strong communications and writing skills, including public speaking. Spanish language skills a plus.
- Demonstrable respect for all persons regardless of religion, ethnicity, class or gender.
- Willingness to travel within state and use of a personal vehicle with adequate insurance for HKI business.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume noting the job title in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org