The Director will have technical oversight and will ensure that the stated principles, methods, and approaches of the SWP are addressed and incorporated into all site-based plans and activities, and will seek to utilize consortium member organizations. S/he will actively seek to include local institutions and encourage the development of partnerships to strengthen capacity of local institutions and augment the overall impact and sustainability of SWP activities. The Director will ensure compliance with the Agreement in the Leader Award and all Associate Awards. The Director will ensure cross-learning within the SWP portfolio of site-based activities, and externally with the global practitioner community.
- Program oversight: Plan, direct and oversee management of program activities in accordance with Winrock policies and procedures, program description, approved work plans, budgets, other required plans, and contractual agreements; in collaboration with relevant program staff, develop annual work plans and budgets; ensure that program progressing towards objectives;
- Program implementation: Build and maintain relationships with USAID in DC and at the missions; manage the program and team across geographies; ensure that management systems are established; and ensure that all program activities are coordinated effectively and well integrated with other relevant USG or other donor-supported funded initiatives within program area; ensure that program is in compliance with donor policies and regulations; responsible for overseeing contractual agreements with program participants; provide technical leadership in major program components;
- Financial management: With support of financial staff, develop program budgets for approval and monitor expenditures against budgets; ensure establishment of financial management systems for program to adequately meet financial management needs and donor regulations and policies; monitor accounting, administrative and operational procedures, standards and policies, including sub-grants;
- Human resources: Determine personnel requirements of program and participate in recruitment, selection and hiring of personnel; conduct performance evaluations;
- Provision of technical assistance: Provide technical assistance in areas of expertise; identify needs for short-term technical assistance; develop terms of reference; prepare consulting agreements for consultants, facilitates work; provide oversight of short-term consultancies;
- Monitoring and evaluation: In collaboration with M&E Specialists, develop and oversee data management and monitoring and evaluation system for program; monitor program implementation and identify and plan for evaluation needs;
- Relationships: Establish and maintain efficient working relationships with program Agreement Officer’s Representative, Agreement Officer, relevant USG staff, program participants, stakeholders, beneficiaries.
- At least a master’s-level degree in a relevant discipline. At least ten (10) years of experience in the delivery of international development assistance to developing countries, and at least five (5) years in a management capacity overseeing program delivery in the developing world;
- Relevant foreign language skills are not required but preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong background in water resources management and/or climate change adaptation;
- Experience in managing partnerships and/or engagement processes involving diverse stakeholders is highly preferred;
- Experience with integrated programs involving multiple objectives, including those related to gender, natural resources management, WASH, food security, and/or livelihoods, is highly preferred;
- Experience building good working relationships with local and international partners, including government authorities, NGOs, technical partners, and bilateral and multilateral donors is highly desirable. Must be team player with very strong diplomatic skills;
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and manage large government agency-funded projects. USAID project management experience is required;
- Program management skills must include i) program planning, ii) technical direction and oversight and iii) program administration and financial management;
- Position requires excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org