Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
USAID LEARN is implemented by Dexis Consulting Group and its partner IRG, a wholly owned subsidiary of RTI. The purpose of LEARN is to integrate collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) capacity throughout USAID’s Program Cycle in order to achieve significant development results in its programs across the world. This goal will be achieved by building CLA capacity of USAID missions and the bureaus that support them, and promoting organizational learning and knowledge management (KM) practices throughout USAID and the development community. The Division of Economic Growth, Environment and Agriculture (EGEA), within the Office of Sustainable Development (SD), in USAID’s Africa Bureau (AFR) conducts technical analysis, develops technical knowledge products, and provides technical assistance to Missions in the Africa region in the following areas: economic growth, trade and investment promotion, agriculture, climate change, biodiversity, information, communication and technology (ICT) and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH). EGEA is seeking a qualified Project Associate to provide support to the team through general project management services, meeting and event coordination, facilitation support, and knowledge capture and dissemination. The position will run from March to September 30 2019.
The Project Associate will be responsible for the following:
- Keep up-to-date information on the administrative needs of the project by attending internal meetings with the LEARN team and external meetings with the client upon request.
- Support responses to client requests as directed by the Activity Manager (drafting emails, reviewing documents, obtaining quotes for procurement, etc.).
- Contribute to and format project deliverables, such as work plans, quarterly progress reports, weekly updates, etc., for sharing with LEARN and clients
- Support the Knowledge Management Specialist in maintaining knowledge storage protocols for the project (i.e. ensuring project files are well organized, follow standard naming convention, and are properly accessible).
- Keep project calendar up-to-date, identifying when additional support and planning is needed to execute upcoming meetings and events.
- Submit procurement requests for various project needs.
- Schedule in-person and online meetings; arrange meeting space and anticipate and provide for A/V and other support as needed.
- Ensure meeting details are communicated clearly to participants, track registration, and field logistical questions from participants leading up to and during the event.
- Arrange logistics for in-person meetings (in Washington, D.C. and in the field), such as catering, transportation, procurement of venue and materials, travel needs, etc.
- Take high-quality notes at meetings, workshops and learning events
- For regularly occurring meetings, synthesize notes and provide high-level summaries that distill priorities, next steps, and/or key issues in a timely manner
- For learning events (conferences, workshops, etc.), contribute to writing, formatting, designing, and packaging event materials (handouts, slide decks, and other materials) and deliverables, including learning event reports and syntheses of key findings and takeaways.
- Other duties as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree and at least three (3) years of relevant experience OR a master’s degree and at least one (1) year of relevant experience in international relations, communications, or other relevant subjects
- At least one (1) year of project management experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Superior attention to detail
- Superior skills in knowledge capture and synthesis
- Familiarity with international development.
- Excellent skills working with MS Office and Google suite of products
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, collaborative environment
- Ability to accept the unexpected and adjust to what the situation now requires rather than what was planned
- Writing sample required
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency required
- Event management experience
- Experience with USAID
- Experience with webinar platforms a plus (e.g. AdobeConnect)
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org