Senior Financial Analyst - System Integration. Berlin. Posting Date: 03/06/2019. Deadline: 03/30/2019Job Profile
The Senior Financial Analyst is a full time position based in Berlin, Germany who will work closely with the Team Manager and Division Director of the International Finance Unit. The main task of the Senior Financial Analyst is to supervise the various data integration processes of the Finance Department and to ensure that the transactional data from the various, mostly Salesforce based systems is seamlessly integrated into the accounting system. The Senior Financial Analyst also assist various Finance units - Grants Department, Budget, International Finance Team - in data consistency reviews and various other processes and also prepares regular and ad-hoc reports to various stakeholders. Work is performed independently / under general supervision.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. OSF may add, change, or remove essential and other duties at any time.
- Maintain all integration tasks related to the import of selected financial subsystems (grant administration, contract administration, credit cards, etc.) into the accounting system
- Maintain vendor data management related tasks in the grant and contract administration systems and in the accounting system
- Contribute to data modeling and data governance efforts initiated by the Finance & Budget unit
- Monitor and analyze data; track progress and report variances using established finance systems and protocols, with limited supervision
- Develop various reports and analyses using data from a wide range of sources and identifies possible impacts on the concerned program, project or activity.
- Identify and develop new sources of data and information and recommends improvement to data collection mechanisms and reporting formats.
- Complete regular reconciliation routines to ensure that the accounting and reporting activity of select units are in full compliance with the relevant internal and external regulations
- Monitor annual and monthly balance sheet activity of select legal entities
- Follow up on any issues identified with the relevant stakeholders . Prepare ad hoc reports as requested by various Global Finance and Grant Management units or OSF management
The Senior Financial Analyst should have at least five years of experience working in a finance department of a company or in the area of data management and analysis with increasing responsibilities over those years and should have a general understanding of financial regulations. The ideal candidate must have a high-level of self-motivation, ability to set and meet goals, while working comfortably in a dynamic environment where tasks may change due to changing demands and initiatives. Experience with private foundation accounting and previous work experience at Shared Service Centers are an advantage. Skills and Abilities:
The following list is not inclusive, but highlights a number of the most critical skills and abilities for performing the role.
- Excellent computer and analytical skills, proficient in Microsoft Office and cloud based platforms and experience with database management;
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Manage work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, research financial data, troubleshoot and follow through on projects to completion, possess strong attention to detail, while meeting strict deadlines;
- Must be able to exercise critical thinking skills including good judgment and be a solutions-oriented individual;
- Exercise good listening, written, verbal, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) with a major in Finance, Economics or Data Management from a four year accredited college or university
- Three to six years of progressively responsible experience in a situation relevant to the duties of this role is typically required to develop the skills required for this role.
- High degree of comfort with a variety of IT systems; knowledge of NetSuite and various Salesforce platforms is an advantage;
- Shared service center work experience is an advantage
- Expertise in working with large volume of data (export, import to/from different systems).
- Fluency in English
Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues across the Open Society Foundations. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments so that colleagues with disabilities are able to fulfill the essential functions of the job.