Instinctif Partners is an international business communications consultancy, specialists in reputation, influence and engagement. We work with over 850 clients globally, from FTSE100 enterprises to SMEs just starting out on their journey. We are 400 people in twenty offices in ten countries, working across six practice areas and a range of sector specialisms.
We are currently recruiting an “EU Public Affairs Assistant” to join our Brussels public policy team to start in mid-April. The position is remunerated (under a convention d‘immersion professionnelle contract) and is for an initial 6 months period subject to extension. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to the team by researching and monitoring political issues and legislative developments in the EU and its Member States.
- Conducting research on policy issues and regulatory structures
- Monitoring EU legislative developments and transposition of EU legislation in Member States
- Drafting reports, providing summaries, updating legislative databases
- Contacting institutional officials
- Attending conferences and events to network and report back
- Administrative tasks (answering phones, welcoming guests, supporting Office Manager)
- Academic background in European studies / political science / international relations / law
- Prior internship experience with an EU institution / consultancy / trade association is an advantage
- Strong motivation to learn and work in European Public Affairs
- Good knowledge of EU institutional practises & policy-making processes
- Awareness of political parties, major political issues and their dynamics in the EU and its Member States
- Social media awareness
- Excellent research and communication skills
- Proficiency in English and at least in one other EU official language (preferably French, German, Polish, Swedish).
- Flexibility and interest to work on multiple policy fields in parallel
- Well-organised, sociable and pro-active attitude
Our success is underpinned by our values:
- Blaze a Trail – We push boundaries and set the pace within our industry;
- Move Fast -We anticipate change and respond quickly;
- Always Connect – We combine skills, experience and perspectives that unite people and organisations; and
- Keep it real – We are open, fair and authentic, always listening and understanding before we respond.
With the recent changes to data protection laws Instinctif Partners Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. To find out more about how we use your personal information and your rights please see our Application Fair Processing Notice.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org