PYXERA Global’s Enterprise and Community Development (ECD) Division catalyzes partnerships to achieve sustainable economic growth of local enterprises and communities. PYXERA Global is seeking a Program Intern to work 20-40 hours per week at our headquarters office in Washington, DC. The Program Intern will provide administrative and programmatic support for enterprise development programs. The position will provide the Program Intern with the opportunity to build their program management skills through exposure to a variety of program and business development activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Intern will be responsible for supporting the implementation of PYXERA Global’s enterprise development programs with oversight from the Program Manager. Key responsibilities and level of effort include:
Analysis and Reporting – 30%
- Track progress of key program and departmental indicators, and monitor database management efforts.
- Review and edit quarterly program reports.
Communications – 15%
- Liaise with field staff and Program Manager to develop case studies and success stories, as well as support department and project social media presence.
Business Development – 25%
- Conduct research, both technical and financial, for business development opportunities in various regions and practice areas.
- Support overall proposal coordination, production, review, and delivery.
Finance – 30%
- Prepare and process relevant accounting forms such as invoices, wire transfer requests, expense reimbursements, and complete credit card reconciliations in a timely manner.
- Initiate and coordinate submissions of procurement documentation such as selection memos, contracts, modifications, and purchase orders.
- Assist in preparing budgets and monitoring monthly financial reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, international affairs, economic development or related field required.
- One to two years of relevant experience in international development/affairs related roles.
- Familiarity with a variety of public and private sector donors.
- Experience working in the non-profit sector and with cross-cultural teams.
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365, Salesforce, and variety of social media platforms.
- Flexible and able to work in a team as well as individually with limited supervision.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a rapidly changing environment and for multiple managers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Monitoring and evaluation or data analysis skills desired.
- Intermediate knowledge of Russian is required.
Please email a resume, cover letter, and a sample of your writing to [email protected] by January 31, 2018. Applications without a writing sample will not be considered. In the subject line of the email please write “PYXERA Global ECD Program Intern Position 2018”. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org