European Boating Industry is the European association representing the leisure marine industry. It represents and promotes the interests of European companies at EU and international level, with a dedicated focus on safety, environment, internal market, qualifications, tourism, transport, innovation and trade. Supporting the work of its Member Associations, the national industry associations, European Boating Industry also promotes boating and watersports.
Tasks of the Secretary General
The Secretary General is responsible for the daily operations of the Secretariat, the execution of the organisation’s work programme and the implementation of the Council decisions.
In particular, his/her tasks will include:
- EU Affairs Management:
- Devising the organisation’s EU Affairs and lobbying strategy which may include representing the members on topics such as Recreational Craft Directive, circular economy of recreational boats, trade in particular with the United States, etc.;
- Supervising daily monitoring and other developments at EU and national level, which could have an influence on the sector, as well regular reporting to the Council and Member Associations;
- Coordinating processes at all levels of the organisation and with experts from Member Associations;
- Developing position papers, amendments and other instruments to influence EU policies and projects, in cooperation with the Member Associations and the Council.
- Project Management:
- Identifying strategic areas, actions and players for the future development of the European industry in Europe and abroad;
- Managing and developing industry-led and EU-funded projects.
- External Relations:
- Representing the interests of the organisation and its Members in dealings with the EU institutions and other organizations following previous coordination;
- Managing and developing the current cooperation agreements with partner organisations;
- Developing new strategic partnerships in Europe and abroad.
- Event Organisation & Communication:
- Supervising the organisation of all events and related communication strategy;
- Managing and developing the current events;
- Supervising and developing all communication activities (monthly newsletter, website, social media, articles, press releases, etc.).
- Office Management in Brussels:
- Supervising all aspects of administrative, staff, budgetary and financial management of the organisation;
- Supervising the preparation of all meetings (agenda, minutes, working documents, speakers, etc.) and the keeping of records and reporting on the organisation’s activities at the Assembly General and Council meetings;
- All other matters and proceedings as the Assembly General or the Council deem necessary in the interest of ELMIF.
As Secretary General we wish to appoint a candidate with above-average motivation and commitment, who is interested in a long-term cooperation. We regard the ability to work in a small team, in a confident and convincing manner as well as with negotiating power and diplomatic skills as a prerequisite.
As an applicant you should satisfy the following:
- University degree, preferably in business administration, or international and EU affairs;
- At least 5 years of experience in the area of representation of interests on a national and/or EU/international level;
- Familiarity and good contacts to institutions on a European level;
- Capacity of contributing to the development of cross-border projects within the European boating industry;
- Knowledge of foreign languages (business and contract-fluent spoken and written English and French, possibly a further EU official language);
- Knowledge of the leisure marine industry is desirable, however, not a condition.
The position can be performed under a standard Belgian employment contract or a freelance contract. The remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience. The expected start date is at latest 1st July 2019, possibly earlier to ensure smooth transition with the current Secretary General.
Please send your application together with your CV and salary/fee expectations to Gabriela Dimitrova ([email protected]) and Sergey Golyshin ([email protected]), Recruitment Consultants at EARS – European Affairs Recruitment Specialists.
Please note that EARS is managing all the applications for this process.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org