IEEP is looking for an intern to join the Governance and Communications team in Brussels for six months under a paid vocational immersion contract.
The successful candidate will support the IEEP’s Governance and Communications teams, in developing new and ongoing projects, assisting with research and communication, which could involve:
- Undertaking evidence-based analysis (literature reviews, data collection, interviews) to support ongoing and future policy papers and analysis;
- Horizon scanning and monitoring of the international and European policy agenda (e.g. policy developments, meetings, news and opinions);
- Supporting with outreach and communications (e.g. external representation, social media presence, email newsletters and blog posts);
- The Governance team works on several themes within Area 6 of the LIFE programme "A post-2020 European environmental policy for and with the people". This umbrella includes social, health and well-being impacts of environmental policy, sustainability priorities of young people and future generations, SDGs implementation in the European context, public participation and access to justice.
Interested applicants must:
- Have a demonstrated interest in and understanding of the internal elements of the EU environmental and sustainability policy;
- Hold a good first degree in a relevant subject;
- Have a good understanding of EU policymaking processes and institutions;
- Have demonstrated good communication skills, in particular, excellent written and spoken English and the ability to present information in a clear, precise and accessible style in this language; another EU language is an asset;
- Have an understanding of, and ideally experience in, communication to the general public, including on social media;
- Have some experience with external representation and the organisation of meetings and events;
- Show initiative and be flexible with regard to the tasks they are asked to complete;
- Be capable of working independently in a fast-paced small office environment;
- Have good organisational and time management skills;
- Be reliable and capable of paying close attention to detail; and
- Have good computer skills (particularly in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Candidates should show that they either are EU citizens or have a suitable visa already in place that allows them to take up employment in Belgium.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org