EFIEES is searching for a Junior Policy & Communication Officer, to be based at EFIEES’ Secretariat in Brussels.
EFIEES www.efiees.eu is the EU trade association for energy efficiency services. It promotes the activities of companies providing Energy Efficiency Services in the European Union. These services include the design and implementation of practical measures that aim to optimise the energy management of end-users by means by means of long-term contracts. EFIEES is also involved in promoting efficient heating solutions at district level, such as district heating and cooling networks.
The successful candidate will be in charge, together with the Officer already in office, of:
- Intelligence, analysis
- Collecting information related to relevant developments in the EU energy and climate regulatory framework, including in particular on some files of the upcoming “Fit for 55” package and other EU Green Deal initiatives.
- Analysing information, preparing answers to public consultations, drafting positions according to EFIEES strategic messages and vision, as well as summaries and other useful documents for members.
- Advocacy, networking
- Establish contacts and prepare/attend meetings with EU legislators;
- Participate in stakeholders meetings.
- Contributing to EFIEES’ general communication strategy, including the corporate identity;
- Managing EFIEES’ website and social media (Twitter/LinkedIn);
- Organising public events (workshops, conferences).
- Possibly contributing to other tasks, at EU level, regarding the promotion of Energy Performance Contracting and other solutions offered by Energy Services Companies (ESCOs).
- A previous/first experience in the EU environment is expected. Within the EU institutions would be a plus;
- Knowledge of some EU legislative files, possibly in relation with energy;
- The position is not a “technical” one, but complementary background related to energy issues, from a technical or economical point of view, would be an asset. Skills or experience in communication appreciated, not necessary to be a specialist;
- A good knowledge of EU legislative and institutional process is required;
- Independent and well-organised, the successful candidate is open-minded and has a friendly attitude, excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong computer skills;
- Languages: English (C2), other language skills are welcome.
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and cover letter to Ms Valérie Plainemaison, e-mail by April 30. Only shorted listed candidates will be contacted, interviews as from 23th April. The starting date for this position is ideally Mid-May 2021.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org