The Program Associate (PA), under the supervision of a Program Officer, is responsible for all administrative and logistical arrangements for international visitors sponsored by the Department of State, other USG agencies, and public and private-sector clients from the U.S. and overseas. The PA assists the Program Officer in planning and handling all administrative, logistical and financial aspects related to the implementation of programs, including making travel, hotel and ground transportation arrangements; preparing program books and other materials relevant to the visit; interacting and coordinating with all individuals and organizations involved in the program in DC and other cities; and coordinating with visitors. The PA also autonomously implements all logistical and administrative aspects of journalist reporting tours sponsored by the Foreign Press Center. In addition to program implementation, Program Associates assist with the development of proposals responses for grants and contracts. PAs are responsible for response research, development of budget narratives and appendix support.
· Communicate with sponsor agency and/or program participants to relay program developments and carry out the following duties:
o Arrange international and domestic travel, hotel accommodations, ground transportation, and other logistical aspects of each program
o Prepare security documents for entrance into USG buildings
o Prepare documents for J-1 visa applications, as required
o Arrange accident and health insurance
o Draft biographical information documents
· Coordinate program logistics with local partners for programs outside of Washington, DC;
· Arrange all program logistics including, but not limited to, international and domestic flights, ground transportation, hotel accommodations, room rentals, luncheons and receptions;
· Plan and manage luncheons, receptions, business briefings or special events;
· Prepare detailed program books for the projects under implementation, welcome packets, briefing books and any other necessary program-related documents;
· Arrange for translation of program documents and translation equipment;
· Assist Program Officer with program openings by briefing incoming visitors, English Language Officers and interpreters on per diem disbursements, insurance, and hotel and travel arrangements;
· Act independently to solve any logistical or administrative problems that may arise.
Financial Management and Accounting
· Manage and disburse funds authorized in the budget and related contract: per diem, cultural allowance, return travel allowance and travel advances for participants, interpreters and English Language Officers;
· Ensure that correct account codes are assigned to check requests and that requests are accompanied by appropriate back-up documentation;
· Ensure that all program-related contracts are awarded in accordance with proper procurement guidelines, prepare award documents and file copies of all executed contracts;
· Carefully monitor and track all program expenses and invoices within the proposed budget including travel expense reimbursements for visitors, interpreters and English Language Officers;
· Reconcile final accounting and prepare final budget for invoicing to the satisfaction of the Meridian Finance Department and as stipulated in the grant from the sponsor agency;
· Maintain key documents within the permanent file, and prepare the file for storage;
· Reconcile monthly American Express and Visa credit card statements to the satisfaction of Meridian’s Finance Department.
· At the direction of the proposal manager, compile all research necessary related to the proposal response;
· Attend meetings related to proposal development, including with partners and vendors;
· Develop draft budget notes for the review and approval of the Vice President;
· Assemble appendices as directed by proposal manager;
· Support ongoing business development efforts through close monitoring of strategic priority areas and emerging opportunities in the public and private sector.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Physical Effort and Dexterity
Environment and Scheduling
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org