The Dui Hua Foundation, with offices in San Francisco and Hong Kong, is a visionary non-profit organization that promotes universally-recognized human rights worldwide. Specifically, our work seeks clemency and better treatment for at-risk detainees through well-informed, mutually respectful dialogue with China. Focusing on political and religious prisoners, juvenile justice, women in prison, and issues in criminal justice, we are guided by the premise that positive change is realized through constructive relationships and exchange.
Dui Hua is currently celebrating its 20th year of operations, made possible by funding from various international government agencies, private foundations, and individual donors. We’ve stewarded this support well, resulting in healthy finances and reserves to sustain our organization. Building off considerable intellectual property, capable staff, and the leadership of founder and Executive Director John Kamm, recognized as a leading expert on human rights issues in China and China-US affairs, we are poised to develop new strategic initiatives.
The Grants & Communications Officer will provide crucial support to Dui Hua’s advocacy programs and development efforts. With a strong interest in human rights, s/he will have a deep understanding of Chinese culture, politics and international relations.
Grant /Program Reporting
- Manage all grant awards, including:
- Tracking proposal/ reporting deadlines and ensuring timely submission;
- Coordinating with Program staff to draft relevant narratives and update program metrics;
- Editing grant narratives, synthesizing metrics and proofing any additional resources, ensuring compliance with funder expectations;
- Coordinating with Finance staff to prepare budgets & financial reports, and
- Updating grantor account/contact information and grant details in database (E-Tapestry) in an ongoing manner to ensure consistency and accuracy;
- Support the creation and distribution of strategic communications related to outreach campaigns;
- Track all Foundation mentions in the media/press;
- Compile data and analysis for Program implementation and evaluation, and
- Organize/archive all grant-related materials on office server and in paper records.
- Coordinate with Program staff to generate relevant content for the website and update news stories and resources on a regular basis;
- Manage press inquiries, including fielding and responding to requests and coordinating submission of press statements;
- Manage social media channels according to Foundation protocol, including posting links to publications, responding to inquiries, and other general engagement;
- Support Foundation’s Publications activities, including but not limited to:
- Proof-reading, fact-checking and revising written submissions from contracted writers for publication;
- Collaborating with Senior Manager of Strategy & Development and Outreach & Program Officer to create and distribute Annual Report;
- Developing topics for publication pieces, through independent research/knowledge on current events and in collaboration with staff researchers, and
- Drafting original and translated pieces for publication in Dui Hua materials, including the Human Rights Journal, monthly Digest, online Reference materials.
- Strong writing and editing skills: clear, concise and engaging
- Highly-effective research skills: detail-oriented and efficient
- Experience in grant-writing, or the desire and ability to learn
- Competence with project management and the ability to balance multiple responsibilities and deadlines
- Experience creating or adapting efficient systems to streamline operations
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Knowledge of China and China-US affairs
- Competence with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint in particular) and basic WordPress web design
- Experience or comfort using digital database software and the ability to quickly adapt to new software
- General understanding of nonprofit finance, or an interest in learning
- International educational and/or professional experience helpful but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or supplemented by professional experience in a related field; Master’s degree in policy, international affairs or other related fields is desirable
The Dui Hua Foundation deeply values the unique knowledge and talents of its employees, offering a benefits package (including health and dental insurance and paid time off) and a salary that is commensurate with experience.
The Dui Hua Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a work environment where each individual is valued and respected as a member of our small team. We welcome applicants who identify in a multitude of ways across lines of race, ethnicity, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, geography and socio-economic status.
Please submit your cover letter with resume and three references to [email protected]rg; the subject line should be “Grants & Communications Officer.” Your cover letter should demonstrate your ability as a writer and address why you are a good match for this position, your availability and expected salary.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org