Bruegel is recruiting an intern for 6 months, starting at the beginning of June, in the Communications and Events Team. The internship is paid, full time and based at Bruegel’s office in Brussels.
Bruegel offers an interesting and challenging period of learning and working experience in a major Brussels-based think thank, with the opportunity to gain specific knowledge on communication and outreach related to Economic Policy and European Affairs.
Bruegel is the leading European think tank specialising in economics. Established in 2005, Bruegel is independent and non-doctrinal. Its mission is to improve the quality of economic policy with open and fact-based research, analysis and debate. We are committed to impartiality, openness and excellence. Bruegel’s membership includes EU Member State governments, international corporations and institutions.
- Communication: Support press and online media outreach, including the various distribution channels used by Bruegel for publication and research.
- Events: support the team in events organisation, including logistics and impact follow-up on target audiences
PROFILE OF APPLICANTS
- Academic background in political science, social sciences, journalism, communication, law or equivalent.
- Interest in economic policy and knowledge of European affairs.
- Available for six months, full-time, starting at beginning of June 2017.
- The selected candidate will preferably be at her/his first internship experience or not have more than one previous internship experience outside of studies.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Drafting and editing skills for texts targeting external audiences;
- Able to research, collate, analyse and summarise information;
- Policy analysis skills;
- Capacity to work with people from different social and cultural backgrounds;\
- Excellent written and oral skills in English.
- Computer literate, knowledge of graphic software is a plus
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*